Levsin User Reviews

Levsin - User Reviews

Levsin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levsin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 30

The stomach problems I have been having were really starting to affect daily life, this medicine has worked wonders, I have not felt this good as far as gastrically in 7 years!

Comment from: juliadream, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 04

levsin is heaven for my stomach, ive had irritable bowel syndrome for years and just dealt with it, i finally get the guts (haha) to ask the doc what i can do and its a miracle drug my stomach pain goes away in minutes.. but my mouth is soooooooooooooo dry. and i hope the pharmacist never stops carrying it ill just cry

Related Reading: levsin | irritable bowel syndrome

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

So i have IBS and will get really sick if i eat too much fat. I pretty much was just eating rice and bread and veggies when the doctor told me about this. I call them magic pills. It is very important for me at least that you take them BEFORE (or with food, or even a bit after, but not too much at all) you eat. It makes a huge diffrence, it can PREVENT the spasms. After finding these I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I took enough pills, but be careful, becuase you will dry up if you take too many. So now after 1 yr on the pills, they don't seem to work as well, and then theyll work better, and then not so well again, but still the best thing around.

Comment from: vvictory1, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I have IBS and this is the first medicine that has relieved the intense cramping. I have found that using a heating pad along with the medication brings quicker relief. The only drawback is that the Levsin tends to make me a bit sleepy.

Comment from: chromewoman, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 06

The doctors told me I had IBS, no such thing. I have gluten intolerance. Get tested for gluten intolerance. I have improved 200 %. Taking this drug and changing my diet. When docs can't figure out what is wrong-they label you with IBS. A change in your diet is critical and will help the people that can't take this drug. You will get your life back.

Comment from: Jenkimfl, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

Levsin really worked for me and I felt the best I have felt in a long time while taking it. However they are no longer making it from what I am being told. Now my problems are back and I feel like crap again. Has anyone found a replacement for this drug? If so please advise, many thanks in advance!

Comment from: milkdeposit, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

I see people here think it's no longer available. I get it now- Hyoscyamine- generic for levsin. It works very good. But I do get headaches from it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 15

my newborn had really bad colic, his doctor put him on levsin, instantly he was better, he could sleep (and so could i !) if your baby has colic talk to your doctor about this medication, it works!

Comment from: zdq18, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

This medicine is very easy to take, because it can be placed under your tongue. Although, the few times that I took Levsin it made me feel very strange. I had dizziness, blurred vision, slurred speech, and a very fast heartrate. There is absolutely no way that I could take this medicine and function enough to drive or work. The effects were scary enough that I will never take this again.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Becky33187@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

This medication was given to me to treat abdominal pain from gall stones....I have Lupus SLE, Dibetes, Gall stones, Hep-C (mild) fibromyligia and verious other conditions...I have never been allergic to any medications...this made me hyper, mood swings, irritable, depressed, paranoid, and I had irrigular heart beats...I went to the ER and they gave me something to counter act this reaction....I will never take this medication again...

Related Reading: abdominal pain | Lupus