Levsin User Reviews

Levsin - User Reviews

Levsin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levsin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

When I first got diagnosed with IBS back in 1997, the doctor gave me Levsin. All it did was make me drowsy and cause me to lose my appetite and I'm pretty sure it made my condition worse at the time. They then switched me to Donnatal and it was the same, so I no longer take anything for it and my attacks are less frequent. I just avoid the foods that make me sick.

Related Reading: Donnatal

Comment from: Buddha, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 15

I've been on Levsin(Hyoscyamine)for 14 yrs now and it has always been hit and miss. I will even double up on the pills at certain times, still hit and miss. Still have to live on Immodium tablets just so I can work every day. No side effects and sometimes not even sure if it's working or I'm having a good day. Am now unable to locate it, several pharmacies that I use say they can not get it anymore so they use Hyomax which seems to be inferior as well. Tired of the pain and other issues, have passed out from the pain several times and have had to frequent the ER needing rehydration due to my IBS. Very embarrassing disability, have almost lost 2 jobs due to it.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 17

My doctor prescribed this medicine for my IBS to relieve my stomach pain It worked really well for a few months but has stopped working now. I felt great when I first started using it but now i get severe cramping at least once day.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 19

stops the spasms in seconds

Comment from: Selah, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 30

Hoarseness, dry mouth.

Related Reading: Hoarseness | dry mouth

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 30

Have taken Hyomax (sp) for several years and it has worked well. Usually one dose of two pills under the tongue and I'm done. Have doubled the dose on occasion when needed. I chew gum afterwards and the drug works quickly. My attacks usually occur when I get overheated but I've never noticed any side effects.

Comment from: coby45, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 22

It works, but the timing of peak effectiveness is brief and unpredictable, while the side effects prevent increasing the dose.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 09

It provided a measured reduction of my abdominal pain, which at first was a great relief. However, my bad days were still bad. It significantly impaired my cognitive abilities. I was in college and began to discontinue taking it just before tests, preferring pain to a poor grade. Within two years I discontinued it all together. The reduced pain came at too high of a cost.

Comment from: ntobear3y, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

This medicine worked great for me over the last couple of yrs. I've been taking it , then all of a sudden the pharmacy doesn't carry it anymore.Some manufactures don't make any more was the excuse I got. Now I'm in alot of pain. It took about a month of not taking anything to get totally sick again. This kind of uncomfortable feelings and pain are keeping me from my daily work. The doctor hasn't found anything yet to help me because of other health issues. If anyone has any info please contact me at ntobear3@hotmail.com

Published: April 17

I got this medicine for my infant with colic. Our pediatrician told us the child would grow out of the stomach pains. My child was in severe pain. A family medicine doctor prescribed this for him and it made all his pains go away almost immediately! IT IS WONDERFUL! Don't let your child suffer through colic without trying this first!

Comment from: mgreenagm, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 14

have to stop taking sometimes due to constipation

Related Reading: constipation