Lexapro User Reviews

Lexapro - User Reviews

Lexapro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lexapro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: godfollowers, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 05

When I first started taking Lexapro (anxiety) it made me really sick to my stomach. I would feel very lightheaded. I was taking it in the morning though. I switched to nighttime and after about a week or two the side effects went away. So to anyone out there experiencing side effects give the medication a try for about two weeks. I was on 10mg at first and I did notice a difference. I wasn't so high strung, was able to focus so much better, and was able to deal with life in general much better. This only lasted for a couple of weeks and then I was back where I started. I went back to the doctor and he doubled the dosage to 20mg. I must say I've been taking it now for about a year and half and it is WONDERFUL for me! I am able to handle situations that I never would have been able to handle before. It also helps me with my "monthly" bouts of depression. If you're a female you know what I mean. I've got to be honest this has been a wonder drug for me. I realize that medication effects people differently and what's good for one person may not be good for another. But, if offered Lexapro by your physician, give it a chance. As with most other drugs you will probably experience some sort of side effects the first week or two. Thanks for letting me share and hopefully this review will be able to help someone.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 06

I was scared to take it at first because the thought of taking medicine freaked me out, but I took it and it has help keep the anxiety under control at the same time it's not just the medacine, you have to change the way you look at life. If you're stressed out, work out. Don't let anxiety take over you! You can change the way you think and the way you feel. Change your situation. It might take a couple of days before you feel "excellent" but believe me you will. Talk yourself out of getting excited. You have to say "I feel fine" and you will realize you do feel fine! Pray to GOD and ask him to help you to think positive and pray about whatever is stressing you out and GOD will take that stress off of your shoulders and heal you but you have to believe. Don't just say the words, but believe in him. Have faith! Everything will work out, you don't have to take the medacine forever. And when you do ween off, there is a tea not from safeway, but from a chinese shop (look it up online too) where you can go and these teas are for healing not for pleasure. Working out has truly changed me physically and mentally. If you don't have time to go to the gym theres so many things you can do from home, just stay encouraged and stress free. peace and love.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: susanne, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 06

I started taking Lexapro when a combination of life situations seemed to overwhelm and depress me - high stress job, unhappy marriage, very little personal time. My Dr. put me on Lexapro - 10mg daily, and it really evened me out. The problems were still there, but I could think rationally about them. I've tried several times to leave Lexapro behind as my life is much better now, but when I decrease it to less than .5 mg, my family notices a change in my moods and energy within about a week. Long story short, I'll probably be on it to a minimal extent forever. Take care.

Comment from: Tom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

On for 1 month (10 mg) for anxiety issues. Have lived in constant state of alert for 40 years. Edgy and very short-fused. My wife and kids love the calm and relaxed me. I can now overcome irrational fears or concerns with ease. I can now see what people mean by "don't sweat the small stuff". Blood pressure is down over 20 points - both systolic and diastolic. No impact on sex drive but climax is tougher. Wife is happy with this, also. Had dizziness and nausea for the first week. Was tired, also. Now, I sleep well, and can enjoy life and my family. I hope you have similar results.

Comment from: tarotsfool, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 28

I have heard all the warnings and horror stories about antidepression drugs. That made me very reluctant to try them. I have been in therapy for months,suffering from major depression and anxiety, was hospitalized for suicidal ideation, and still didn't want to take the drugs. But I have three children who need me, and it reached the point I would try anything. Thank Goddess I did. After a matter of days, I feel like I have my life back. I can think, I can feel, I can simply be happy! Lexapro hasn't made my problems go away; it has returned me to a state of mind where I can deal with them. Very slight stomach upset the first night. Some people have more severe reactions. But I must say, don't be afraid of trying these types of medication. They can make the difference of a lifetime!

Comment from: Rocky, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been on this medication for about 3 months now. I had severe stress in my life which lead to extreme depression. When I first started to take this medication at full dose 10mg I was constantly in the bathroom, had a lot of bloating, and had gas all the time. I went back to my doctor and we dropped the dose to 1/2 a pill a day instead of the full 10mg. I just cut the pill in half. That stopped all of the above symptoms. I am able to focus better on this it has helped with my depression and I have even lost weight taking this, about 15lbs. Which is awesome. This medication has helped me get back on track and lesson my anxiety as well. I recommended it to a friend as well and she could tell it helped her out in a few days as it did to me. I've been on Zoloft before and that took months to take effect and even then that did not seem to help as Lexapro did in just a few days. My drinking has also been cut back because of Lexapro. I used to crave alcohol a lot now I may have a drink here and there. This drug has really helped me a lot.