Librax User Reviews

Librax - User Reviews

Librax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Librax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 28

This is the only medication I have found that actually eases my stomach cramping. I have suffered from irritable bowel for 15 years and am very glad to have found this medicine. The only downfall is drowsiness.

Comment from: bri705, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 29

Ive had IBS since July 1989. My doctor put me on librax as soon as he diagnosed me and told me welcome back to living normal.. I take it as needed and for almost 20 years.. this drug has done wonders for me

Related Reading: librax

Comment from: ICUspecialist, 35-44 Published: December 02

Just an FYI for those who suffer from one ot the 'adverse or side effect' of Librax.. Note this drug contains 5mg of Librium with each tablet. Librium is an anti-anxiety med, similar to Valium, a benzodiazipine and is prescribed in 5-10mg doses to be taken 3-4x/day for mild to moderate anxiety (stress) Librium is also used to control the symptoms associated from alcohol withdrawl. Common side effects (not allergic reactions) are: -drowsiness, lethargy, confusion, dizziness -nausea, constipation -potential for abuse One should be careful when first start taking this medication until one knows how the drug affects them and one shouldn't mix it with alcohol, as alcohol can increase the severity of any side effect. (Again, side effects are not 'allergic reactions' (an allergic reaction has a systemic effect of one's body=rash, difficulty in breathing, et al) If can't tolerate the side effects or they are bothersome, one should ask your doctor for a different medication to take, as there are other meds readily available, which will be as effective but without the side effect of drowsiness. (Bentyl and Levsin SL work well for abdominal cramping) Have a good day. Just a FYI as stated, for those wondering why the drug makes them feel: drowsy, tired, lagging, drugged, etc.

Related Reading: Librium | anxiety | Valium

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

This medication has truly saved my life. I had no quality of life before Librax. I was constantly in and out of the hospital, not to mention the bathroom. I can now eat whatever I want with not pain, cramping or 30 trips to the bathroom. It is amazing!!!

Comment from: LoveLibrax6, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I can't tell you how much this one pill does for me. I was in and out the hospital and test after test. I was put on Librax in the hospital and within 2 hours max I was telling the nurse whatever you gave me is a miracle pill. It has made my life start getting back to normal. I got really sick hoping the spasims would go away on its on and got even worse in health. My body was shutting down and nothing seemed to be working right. Its been almost a month now and there are bad days still I have had to spot eatting mexican and spicy stuff 100%. It makes me sick as a dog. But the side affect for me is im sleepy more. But im still recovering. Without this pill I was so sick dehydrated and malnurushed I couldn't even hardly walk without help. My husbands in Iraq I have two kids under 7 I needed someone to help me and one doc did this pill means so much to me. Its helped me start getting my life back to normal again. I take it 4 times a day when Im late I start feeling bad. It sometimes does seem to work better then others on somedays. But atleast everyday is not a bad day anymore. To the ones that suffer with IBS I know what your going through and its horrable. I hope it works for you. keeps working for you. Or find something that does. Keep your head up.

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 24

This has been the most helpful medicine prescribed for my IBS. I take it as needed, up to 4 capsules per day, and have never had a problem with dependence or side effects, except for slight dry mouth and urinary retention (tolerable). Much more effective for me than Donnatal.

Related Reading: dry mouth | urinary retention | Donnatal

Comment from: FloridaChi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

This took 4-5 weeks to work for me but now I can live a normal life before I could not leave the house as I needed the toilet all the time

Comment from: glen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

After 4 years of successful treatment, Librax has been discontinued. Stopping Librax can be very difficult. I am experiencing shaking, crying spells and extreme lethargy after 5 days off Librax. I went from four years at 2/day to three weeks at 1/day before stopping completely. THIS WAS NOT SLOW ENOUGH! Be careful. This is horrible. Ironically, I'm having no gastric symptoms.

GI Disorders