Librax User Reviews

Librax - User Reviews

Librax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Librax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

Didnt like the medicine. It made me feel very strange, almost like I had been drinking. Wouldnt sugguest unless you must have it.

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

Before being prescribed this drug I was taking upwards of 20-30 tylnol#1 per day for pain. I told my doctor he had 6 months to stop or at least slow down the pain or I would end my life. He realized I was serious and said ok lets fix it. I has taken the drug for only 2 days before my pain was almost gone for the first time in 5 years. Its amazing, I forgot what living vs existing felt like. For anyone who is suffering try this drug maybe it will work for you. Ask your doctor and fight for your health. I have tried every IBS and almost every IBD drug on the market and none worked. If your existing not living try this please.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 10

Librax has been a life saver for me. I started taking the drug about a year and a half ago and have seen a vast improvement. Than about 3 months ago I found out that the drug was only going to be made by 2 companies and the price was going to jump from 25 dollars to about 150 dollars. I was than put on Donnatal and after 2 months of taking that went back to my doctor to get put back on Librax. Was able to find it for half the price and can start enjoying life again. I would rather pay more for a med that will work than suffer!

Comment from: chessdad, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 03

I have used this for over 15 years, only occasionally before sypmtoms, when I was stressed by some life problem. there is a generic- CHLORDIAZ/W/clidinium at a local family pharmacy in east cincinnati.

Comment from: kris, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

i have had problems with intense stomache pain and cramping i tried everything this is a miracle drug

Comment from: DC1953, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 21

I have a spastic colon and esophageal spasms. Librax works well for the spastic colon, but not the other. I am still looking for something that will ease the terrible pain in my chest. Stress is one cause but it is not easily removed from my life. Has anyone else out there had esophageal spasms and found a medicine that will help with the pain?

Related Reading: Stress

Comment from: gossipgirl, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I suffer with Irritable Bowel Syd....and also I have, Systemic Mastocytosis (too many "mast" cells) there are times that I would be unable to function if not for Librax..lets me live my life along with many other drugs....at least I can do want I want, most of the time!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 26

Dear fellow IBS sufferers. I use Librax to help ease the cramping that follows after having diarrhea caused by IBS until my system returns to normal again. I strongly reccommend taking a strong probiotic to help you take back your life. I started out using one that I got from a health food store that had 50 billion live cells in it. That was a tremendous help to me, but was a bit pricey. I tried Phillips Colon Health when it came out and found it to be almost as effective for a fraction of the price. I still have an occassional flare up, which is why I need the Librax, but not nearly as many as I used to have.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: stars1588, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

i have had on and off stomach/digestive problems for about a yr and 1/2. CT scans came up negative both times and so did my colonoscopy and they did find a hital hernia, but is not the cause of my lower abdomen pain. was precribed everything on the world and now im on librax which makes me very very tired. but i have seen an improvment on my pain. occasionally i still have stomach pain, but this is the best one ive been on.

Related Reading: hernia

Comment from: Vince, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I went to my doctor in 2005 to complain of moderate pain in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen and moderate diarhea. The ultrasound was negative, but the injection fraction test of my galbladder was somewhat positive. I followed my GI specialists advice to have my galbladder removed. Well, that seemed to worsten my symptoms. He later diagnosed me with IBS and prescribed Clidinium with CDP. I still suffer from frequent cramping, bloating, gas, and diarhea.

GI Disorders