Librium User Reviews

Librium - User Reviews

Librium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Librium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sunshinemaryjo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 06

Have used this medication in detox before. Used it as perscribed while in detox at home. Worked very well. Anexiety very low. Craving very few. Worked well. Good Luck...be safe

Comment from: bluebird day, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

I have been described 3 types of drugs for serious alcohol withdrawls throughout the years (valium, xanax, and librium). Librium by far been the best for treating withdrawls and the anxiety that goes along with it. I was told by a psychiatrist at a treatment center specializing in alcohol addiction that it is the best for the symptoms of withdrawl and the safest as far its addictive properties. I have been sober for 2 years now and hopefully won't have to go through alcohol withdrawls ever again.

Related Reading: valium | xanax | librium

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

Works very well to control severe anxiety. Calming and soothing, doesn't make you feel strung out when the effects wear off. Only issue I had was occasionally feeling dizzy.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 07

I'VE BEEN ON THIS DRUG SINCE FEB. 2006. I STARTED AT TEN 25MG PILLS A DAY. WEANED DOWN TO TWO 25MG A DAY. HAVE NOTICED THAT IT CAN MAKE ME MORE IRRITABLE, LIKE THE ABOVE POSTER SAID. ANYONE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH ANGER OR IRRITABILITY INCREASE ON LIBRIUM, PLEASE EMAIL ME kristennelsen@peoplepc.com MY DOCTOR SAYS IT IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG---BUT ONLY IF I ABUSE IT---WHICH I DO NOT. I TRIED TO DETOX OFF OF 50MG A DAY AND ALMOST DIED, MY HEART WAS ON FIRE ACROSS MY CHEST. IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU A "HIGH" FEELING LIKE XANAX AND ATIVAN DID FOR ME, IT DECREASES MY ANXIETY WITHOUT ME EVEN KNOWING IT---WHICH MAKES IT A GOOD AND SAFE DRUG FOR ME. LIKE IT, BUT SCARED I WILL DEVELOP TOLERANCE ON IT.

Related Reading: ATIVAN

Comment from: james205648, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

This helps with my anxiety, as well as a muscle relaxant.

Comment from: anonymous, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

I am on 10 mg every 12 hrs as needed--it works but makes me extremely sleepy. It helps, but I only take it when I start having trouble with withdrawals. I have been drinking daily for about 4 years. Nothing takes away the main desire to NOT drink--it's something I've had to dig deep within to find. I could drink a gallon right now but I'm determined not to.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 27

Used in doses up to 400mg/day for combat Post Traumatic Stress. Now not available in brand name 25mg caps. After initial high dose tapered down & use as needed. Generic is bad.

Related Reading: Stress

Comment from: stillredhot, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

I recently went to detox for 6 days for alcohol withdrawal. They put me on Librium for 3 days and then continued vitamins for the rest of my stay. I came out completely refreshed. Librium took care of the shakes, nervousness, hallucinations and tremors. My doctor prescribed me 10 mg to have at home when needed for anxiety.

Related Reading: vitamins | tremors

Comment from: Richard, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I take 19mg 3x per day along with 500mg depakote to control simple partial seizure and anxiety. I like this drug very much because of the long half life and also because it is less potent than ativan, xanax, etc.. I never have had to increase the dosage. It's cheap and works great.

Related Reading: depakote | seizure