Lidoderm User Reviews

Lidoderm - User Reviews

Lidoderm User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lidoderm sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bcowens21@hotmail.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I have used this patch for multiple pain mangement with great success for all of them. Using this as directed as relieved back pain,osteoarthritis,sciatica,hip,shoulder pain as well as leg pain and leg cramps.Back injections were ineffective even after multiple years of them. These patches work! Now I have just found out that our insurance will no longer cover them.Since I don't want to take, nor get real help from pain drugs(which they DO cover)I am not looking forward to what to use when I run out of my current supply. Does anyone know wat can be done to let the FDA clear this for multiple pain relief uses or other ways to et insurances to cover this pain patch? I agree with many others who have reviewed this here...how does a drug plan override my doctor's prescription on what is best for me?

Related Reading: sciatica

Comment from: uhad2askme2, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been prescribed Lidoderm 5% by Endo. I am a past polio patient, cervial surgery to repair c4,c5,c6,c7, and plate, a stroke and last winter I fell after an accident under my suv in a backward fall 45 % angle which severely bruised my lower back and resulted in medical retirement and bedrest that has lasted 6 months and no improvement. This patch along with other medications has been a miracle for me. Recently possible dignose of post polio fibromalgia? I just know the patch is a part of my life.

Related Reading: polio | stroke

Comment from: Dario, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 03

I am a 37 year old disabled adult with a diagnosis of myelomenngocele, arnold-chiari malformation, hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, completely non-ambulatory and am unable to bear any weight for transfers, etc. I have had numerous surgeries over my lifetime, 2 of which were hip surgeries to attempt to keep my hips in the sockets. I have been using Lidoderm Patches (1per day) for appx. 2+ years as an alternative to having the ball joint in my left hip cut off, thereby causing the possibility of severe infection, death, etc. It has now been decided by the Medicare Pharmacy (Aetna)that they will not pay for these patches because I di not "meet the criteria" shingles, ect. However because I take 10 other meds. orally and have only 80% of 1 functioning kidney the Lidoderm patches are miraculous in relieving my pain almost 100%. I do not know what to do. Thank you

Related Reading: hydrocephalus | cerebral palsy | shingles

Comment from: pidolee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

I have to have both knees replaced. My doctor gave me the patch to use for pain until I have my surgery. It has really worked for me..I can finally sleep all night without getting up because my knee is hurting.

Comment from: MS, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I have suffered for the past year with severe neck pain from arthritis. I was living on 8-10 Advils a day and still could not get rid of the pain. My doctor gave me these patches and they really work! I wear one on my neck for 12 hours every day and the pain is completely gone. When I take it off, the pain will start to come back but even then it is nothing like it used to be. Truly amazing! I have had no side effects and I am highly sensitive to medications.

Related Reading: neck pain