Lindane Lotion User Reviews

Lindane Lotion - User Reviews

Lindane Lotion User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lindane Lotion sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LadySakurra, 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 09

I had to use this medication because my son and husband had bad break-outs and I did not, but they say the ENTIRE household must treat to prevent reinfestation. It did NOT help my son and husband and they had to retreat. I don't think it was so much the lindane "didn't" work but, we did NOT treat the house as thorough as we should have and got reinfected. I said ease of use was difficult because you have to apply it and keep it on for 8-12 hrs.! That's tough! Another problem was the seizure possibility that the drug info repeatedly stated could be a side effect which scared me to death. Fortunately that did not happen to any of the 3 of us. I want to specify that ALL of the meds for scabies note in the insert that the itching and even new outbreaks can occur after use so don't reapply too soon as it can take up to 2-3 weeks to have 100% refief. Unless your Dr. says to do so. Hope I helped.

Related Reading: seizure | scabies | itching

Comment from: mrbill, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

scapies infestation

Comment from: avant, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

This medication should only be prescribed AFTER other treatments have failed, yet I was prescribed it right off the bat. I used it as directed, and it did not kill the scabies eggs at all. The risks do NOT outway the benefits of this medication, and it was not at all effective in treating my scabies-

Comment from: sillybutt, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

My doctor didn't give me proper instructions on using this medicine. Therefore I have broke out into a reaction, severe headaches, soreness, nausea. I would NEVER use this medicine again.

Comment from: more743, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

I was prescribed lindane as a last resort. We've had scabies for almost 2 mos. and after 2 applications of Permethrin cream I was prescribed Lindane. My dr went over the instructions but as with any medication I read the insert to make sure I took all the precautions I needed to. My husband & I applied it last night and I have already felt the relief and I had them MUCH worse than he did, by no means are they gone but the redness looks like they are not as rash looking like they were. I also got a steroid shot for the itching and that helped. One review blamed the Dr. for not explaining the directions but all medications come with directions and its our responsibility to read them I think.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: TOPWOPJOY, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

It was a very devastating time for me,not only having scabies at my age, but the Lindane didn't work at all. Have tried many different meds prescibed by my doctor,those haven't helped either.

From WebMD