Lipitor User Reviews

Lipitor - User Reviews

Lipitor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lipitor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: closerdavis, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 04

I started taking this drug daily approximatley 4 to 5 years ago. Since that time I have had severe joint pain and tendon problems. I have neuropathy in both legs and feet. Angina and abnormal bouts of extreemly fast heart beats have started to happen more frequently in the past 3 years. Afer reading up on this drug I discussed with my doctor about getting off of it for awhile and see if any of these conditions improve. We both agreed that I should stop for a few months to determine if the side effects are related. I have been off of it for four days and have aready noticed a marked improvement in my tendon pain and joint pain.

Related Reading: Angina

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been taking lupitor for about 5 months now and I have been getting joint pain in my fingers,shoulders and sometimes neck,thought it could be authuritis since i have never had these pains before.So I decided to investigate and read everybodys report. I have been off of lupitor for three months and all he pain and aches are gone.Thanks for reports everybody.

Comment from: ddede1964, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 22

I had taken 10mg once a day for approx 1 1/2 yrs with great results in lowering my bad cholesterol in fact it happen very quickly, and all of my liver results had come back great my liver tolerated it with no problems, However over the course of the last year i noticed mussle aches in my neck and shoulder and upper back, which i had contributed to a slight straiting of the neck that i have, but over this passed summer the mussle pains and weakness increase and spread to elbow, legs,feet,toes and an extream feeling of fatigue and tiredness and some stomach upset and nausea. I contacted my Doctor who told me to stop taking the lipitor as i was out of town at the time this side effects became to much to handle and after a month and a half I still experenced some leg cramping and mussle fatigue,but better then it was, but of course my cholesterol increase again and he put me back on the 5mg of lipitor again within 3weeks time the fatigue and tiredness, nausea and increased mussle problems started again. I have taken my self off Lipitor and will not take it anymore. If anyone has a more natural way of lowering the chol that has worked i would love to know. I am sure it will take months for my body to get back to normal.

Comment from: bj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 08

I have nearly every side effect mentioned in these columns, back ache, leg pain, ringing in the ears, memory loss, depression and chronic fatigue...why are we taking these drugs?

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

Have taken Lipitor @5yrs due to family history. Of late, terrible muscle/joint pain/weakness, tightness in chest, aching from head to toe. Used to be a "runner". Can barely move. Have been off of it for 5 days now, and never taking it again! Thanks for all the reviews...VERY helpful.

Comment from: tabskeeper, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 01

I have been taking Lipitor 20 mg for approximately 7 years. It has reduced my cholesterol levels to a normal range. I also take diovan HCT 80/12.5 for high blood pressure. Over the course of the years on these medications I have complained of just not having enough energy no matter how much sleep I get, finger tips tingle, feet ache first thing in the mornings and can't barely walk barefoot. I also have experienced weight gain especially around my waist, joint pain and heart palpitations. My husband has also commented that he thinks I have a little memory loss as well. Last year I stopped taking these medicines because of a bacteria I contracted visiting another country. After getting better I realized that my feet didn't hurt any more and I had much more energy. Since I have been back one the medicines all these symptoms have returned. I am really questioning whether to continue or discontinue them. I have to say that I am amazed at the number of people with the same complaints. Thank you for sharing.

Related Reading: diovan HCT | high blood pressure | sleep

Comment from: jeswan2no, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 06

WOW, I am shocked and confused! Why did it take me so long to find these posts? Been taking Lipitor for about 5 years. Instantly began feeling the horrible leg cramps, severe muscle fatigue and inability to simply get out of bed and walk to the restroom in the night or mornings. Extremely long time to get going in the mornings. I can relate to most of the posts stating horrible side effects of this drug. Also taking levoxyl for hypothyroidism which I believe somehow counteracts with the lipitor causing even more symptoms such as horrible itching. I even had spinal epidurals because of the leg pain (being diagnosed as pinched nerves and perinial nerve damage). But now after reading these posts, I believe it's ALL BEEN CAUSED BY THIS DRUG! I'm a young active person who loves to ride horses. For the past five years it's been a very painful experience causing me to be bed ridden afterwards from such fatigue and unexplained muscle pain. The side effects from taking this medication FAR OUT NUMBER ANY BENEFITS OF THE NUMBERS COMING DOWN.

Related Reading: levoxyl | hypothyroidism

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.