Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe - User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Loestrin 24 Fe sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

I've been on Loestrin 24 for a while and have had no negative side effects at all! I didn't have any breakthrouh bleeding and my period is super light now! My cup sized increased from a 34B to a 34C in the first 2 weeks on the pill (yay!) and I haven't had ANY of the PMS symptoms I used to. I was one of those girls that missed at least one day of school a month because of cramps, but I've never felt better! My sex drive is still as good as ever too! Don't let negative reviews on here scare you, everyone reacts differently!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

I'm on my 3rd month on Loestrin 24 Fe. The first month was a pain because it felt like my period was just a slow, constant trickle. By the 2nd pack, this stopped and everything has been fine. No terrible mood swings, no spotting, no more nausea but definitely a slightly decreased appetite. No weight gain or anything. What boggles my mind about a lot of the reviews I've been reading is that people openly admit to not following instructions on the usage of the pill, then blaming the medication for problems. Also, some reviewers have noted side effects and the first thing they tell you about BC is that age increases the likelihood of certain symptoms. My belief is that this is the LOWEST effective dose of hormone, so it's really easy to get a reaction from improper/inconsistent usage. I encourage people to at least try it for the 3-4 months suggested for ANY new BC pill. And also check for other factors in your life and be more cognizant of how/when you take the pill. And yes, I do understand this pill will/does not work for everyone.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

I am writing for those who are in the first months, and are having bad side effects. Give it some time, and don't be scared off by the negative reviews (they may not apply to you!). Remember: people typically don't marvel and write good reviews when a med works as it should! I was very moody my first month, and my bleeding didn't regulate itself like it should have (daily breakthrough bleeding and spotting, not having my period on the placebo pills) until the end of the third pack. Don't just quit on a medication so soon into it: it has mostly worked for me (I'll explain below). I am stable mood-wise, I sleep better than I have in years, my acne is practically non-existent, and PMS is dramatically reduced when it is time for my period. I am now having a little bit of breakthrough bleeding and fatigue (end of 4th month), but my nurse told me it has nothing to do with the medication's effectiveness. I'm going to give it one more month to even out, because I have been feeling great on this pill.

Related Reading: sleep | acne | fatigue

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

i have been on this birth control for 3 months now and have only had one period. it's very pricey, $53, to be exact. Plus, I'm freaking out every month that may be pregnant, so I also buy pregnancy tests. My husband and I already have an 11 month old and a 3 year old and we have decided that we are definitely done having children. So basically, I'm a little nervous every month that I don't have a period. Other than all that, I have no cramps, no heavy bleeding, no acne, no weight gain, but possibly some slight moodiness.

Related Reading: birth control | pregnancy

Comment from: kr43086, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I feel obligated to post my experience bc of all the scary thing posted here. remember people who have good experiences are not typically the ones who are posting these things, so don't get scared reading all this stuff! its good to know about side effects but honestly I think most people will not have a bad experience with this. I started two months ago and for the first 2 weeks did feel crampy, so tired, bloated, moody, etc. it felt like an extended period of pms and I had breakthrough bleeding two weeks in. but after that all of those symptoms subsided. overall yes I did gain like 2 pounds I think but who even knows if that's related to this pill. also sex drive was killed at the beginning but after 2 or 3 weeks was totally back to normal. if you can stick out the first 2 weeks it will be ok!

Comment from: JayeBeri, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Ok so before I got this BC I had never had any other pills. I have had the patch since I was 16 (I'm22 now) and I tried the Mirena (which I had to get surgically removed...it was horrible). So I've been on Loestrin for almost a month now and besides the extra spotting after my period I LOVE IT! I read so many bad reviews about it before I tried it but I took a chance and hopped out there. I really love it. I have had no side effects. Nothing has changed at all...and I have had very bad acne but my face is cool. Actually I'm acne free but I can't blame it on the BC. But to sum it up DON'T FEED INTO ALL OF THE BAD REVEIWS ABOUT THIS DRUG because most people only right reveiws when its bad. Try it for yourself and you could love it like me. ANd this is coming from a woman who has every side effect from every medicine in the WORLD (that I've tried). TRY LOESTRIN 24 FE!

Related Reading: Mirena