Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe - User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Loestrin 24 Fe sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 26

I like this birth control because it had less side affects than other BCPs (no weight gain, no nausea). The only drawback is that most months I do not have a period, which makes me nervous and wonder if I am pregnant. The first few months I actually bought pregnancy tests but the dr. assured me this is a normal (and nice) side effect of this pill.

Comment from: holly, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

This pill has been awful for me. I've been on it for a little over three months and have experienced spotting, weight gain, acne, headaches and mood swings. The mood swings are pretty intense and I find myself crying heavily for a few hours for absolutely no reason at all. I'm often on the verge of tears. I've always been a very happy person so this has been pretty hard for me. I plan to switch as soon as possible.

Comment from: kisses08, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 22

I've been on the pill for 2 years, and the only problem is I never get my period, ever. I'm not pregnant but it really freaked me out the first few months that I was taking it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I was scared to start birth control pills due to all the horrible reviews online. I have been on Loestrin 24 FE for two weeks and haven't experienced much negative yet. I have had strange dreams the last 3 nights but I haven't gained any weight nor had any extreme mood swings. My boobs are a little bigger which I love! Try it out and have a positive attitude (in other words...don't LOOK for problems after you read these reviews). I am a moody person anyways so I was worried about this aspect - but I have been very cheerful the last two weeks. I hope everything remains copasetic - good luck to everyone!

Comment from: bamcbride, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

This is the only BC pill I've ever taken that hasn't made me feel nauseated. I love it! There were no side effects at all for me.

Comment from: Ms Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 16

I have been on Loestrin 24 for about seven months, and my experience has been outstanding. I was having very heavy painful periods, along with severe mood swings and PMS symptoms. I thank my doctor for this "miracle" I feel like a new woman.

Comment from: JJ, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

I was on this birth control for 6 months and switched because of how expensive it was. The first few months took some adjustment as I had breakthrough bleeding and nausea. After the first 2 months, I stopped having periods altogether which should be great, but it did make me nervous. Before taking the pill, my mood swings were very predicable, almost scheduled, and expected. On the pill I (and my husband) noticed mood swings. I also had (painful!) gross acne, bloating in my lower abdomen, and weight gain even though my diet and exercise were the same. I also experienced fatigue and a decrease in what was once a healthy sex drive. I realize many of these symptoms could be unrelated, but they all occured at the same time I began taking this pill. I admit it was really nice to not have periods or cramps, but because of the cost and symptoms, I decided to swich.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been taking Loestrin 24 since October, so for 6 months, and I don't like the fact that my periods have completely stopped after December. This may be good for some people but it makes me worry that I am pregnant. I have taken 2 different pregnancy tests to keep checking. Why have my periods stopped? I have not had a period of any sort since December. Has this happened to anyone else.

Comment from: angelmarjorie, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

I was very nervous to take this pill because I formally had a bad experience with Yaz (hair loss, etc). Anyway, I've been on Loestrin for about 4-5 months (lost track) and so far I am quite pleased. I haven't experienced spotting or random headaches or any crazy side affects. If anything, the pill has been a blessing. I have minimal acne (also taking Spirolactone) and no periods. When my period does come its VERY light and last for about a day...it's more like a little bit of discharge. I appreciate this because prior to taking this pill, my periods were VERY heavy and exhausting. I do feel a little more emotional (I've noticed myself crying more frequently since being on this pill) but I try to keep it under control and in perspective. I am also very active and healthy, so this may play into my more positive experience with this medication. I take the pill at the same time every day, and follow directions almost perfectly. My boobs have become more firm and a little bit bigger...but I don't think it's a full cup size...they just look nicer. Finally, I have actually lost weight since being on this pill and have not experienced any problems with weight gain...even though I have been exercising less since it's winter time. If you're looking for a low-hormonal pill, I recommend this brand. Just keep in mind that everyone is different!

Related Reading: Yaz | hair loss