Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe - User Reviews

Loestrin 24 Fe User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Loestrin 24 Fe sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Heather M, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

It's been two months, and I've gotten no period. I got scared, of course, spent big money on pregnancy tests. Called doctor and she said this was normal.. Definitely don't like having to worry.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

I'm only on my second pack of Loestrin 24, and this is only my 2nd time being on birth control (I was on Sprintec for about 6 months two years ago). With Sprintec, I experienced no side effects. During my first pack of Loestrin 24, I experienced spotting for a week and a half, starting the second week. I had a very short, light period. After beginning my second pack, I began spotting again during the second week and am still spotting now, halfway through the third week. It's extremely frustrating to feel like I'm on my period for half of an entire month. Not to mention that I'm getting married next month and am terrified that I'll be spotting for my wedding night and honeymoon. Other side effects have been minimal to mild, but the perpetual spotting is an enormous downside for me.

Related Reading: Sprintec

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 14

After reading all of these posts I got very scared when my doctor switched me to Loestrin 24 FE. However I have been taking it for 4 months and I have had zero problems. My periods are short & light (which is awesome) and there has ben no weight gain, break outs, or mood changes! These reviews are nice but every single person reacts to things differently, your body is not the same as anyone else. If your doctor is thinking about switching you, give it a try...you can always change to something else. But like I said I have had zero problems with Loestrin 24 FE.

Comment from: anger, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

loestrin is the worst birth control pills you can ever take ive been on my period for 2months now i think that these pills needs to be of the market it has all the symptoms from depression to going off the wall i advice all women do not take these pills

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 12

I am about to start my 3rd pack and I so far I am not happy with this pill. I'm not prego but me and my partner use condoms still. During my first pack, I bled/spotted just about the whole month. During my second pack, the spotting stopped but I started my period when I still had 6 white pills left to take! I am on taking the iron pills right now and I'm still on my period and it has gotten heavier! I bled through a super plus tampon in 1 1/2 hours this morning. I've been on my period for 7 days now! I also getting cramps which is somthing I never really had to deal with in the past. As for the acne, I've had issues with it before the pill and haven't noticed an increase in it. Haven't really noticed any weight gain either. I did called my doctor a few times about this pill and all the bleeding issues and she keeps saying that I need to give it time (like 4 to 6 months) for my body to get used to it. So....that's what I'm going to do I guess. I'm hoping that things will get better with the 3rd pack!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 04

Loestrin 24 is definitly the best form of birth control out there! I have been taking it non stop for the last 6 years and i've never had a single problem while taking it. I always take it at the same time every single day and if by chance i miss a day, my periods were never longer. This pill allows me to have shorter, lighter periods than what i used to have. This pill has also allowed me to not get pregnant. I had a little bit of acne before i started taking the pill and it definitly cleared it up for me. About weight gain, i never gained a pound except in my breasts. If anything, the pill actually allowed me to lose weight. The ONLY negative thing i have to say about loestrin 24 is that it tends to be a little pricey but if you have insurance, it's definitly the best pill out there! I will never switch from this pill! Very satisfied!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

my periods have been irregular and sometimes very heavy so my dr prescribed this. I read all about it online before I decided to take it, but I decided not to get scared off and try it as I really did want to regulate my period and if they could be shorter6 and lighter, well who wouldn't want that. I took the pill for 10 days. That's right, 10 days and I stopped it two days ago. After 6 days I got my period and instead of it starting heavy and getting lighter, there seems to be NO end in sight. I've been bleeding heavily for 7 days.....and there is no sign that it's even getting lighter. Aside from that, the cramping is unlike anything I have ever experienced and I'm 36 years old. I decided to stop taking it because this pill clearly isn't going to help me in the way I had hoped. The cramps are totally unbearable. I"m living in my bed with lots of motrin just to make the pain tolerable. I have also noticed some crazy dreams and a major increase in appetite. More power to u ladies who stick it out longer than me, but this isn't for me. I hope the pain and bleeding stop sometime soon.