Lomotil User Reviews

Lomotil - User Reviews

Lomotil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lomotil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Debi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

It has helped me live a better, more normal life with my family, something I could not do before I found it.

Comment from: Lisa Marie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

Not only does this medication work, it works very quickly.

Comment from: Pat, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I've tried Imodium, Pepto bismol and other products. Lomotil is the only that controls my colitus. It's very frustrating to me that it is classified as a controlled substance and available by prescription only. It may create some dependence but that is better than the alternative, which for me is being pretty much housebound. I'm hoping someone come to their senses and make it an otc drug.

Related Reading: Imodium | Lomotil

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

I THANK THE WONDERFUL DR. OF MINE WHO PRESCRIBED THIS MEDICATION. I HAVE SUFFERED WITH SEVERE DIARRHEA FOR YEARS. IT WOULD HIT ME WHENEVER, WHERE EVER I WAS. NO STOPPING IT. I HAD MANY,MANY,MANY EMBARASSING EXPERIENCES AND WOULD NEVER EAT BEFORE GOING ANYWHERE AND ALWAYS BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES WHEN I DID GO PLACES.THIS DRUG WORKS FAST AND I CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON IT TO WORK. I EVEN TAKE IT BEFORE I GO OUT AND FEEL CONFIDENT. TOO BAD IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO FIND THE RIGHT DR. I SUFFERED FOR YEARS AND YEARS WITH SEVERE IBS. I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON. THANK YOU GOD !

Related Reading: DIARRHEA

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 18

This drug allowed me to continue working as a classroom teacher. After surgery for Crohn's over 30 years ago, I had severe and chronic diarrhea. I began taking Lomotil at that time. I've taken 4 pills a day since then. I eat anything I want and have controlled bowel movements twice daily, morning and evening. I could not have continued working without Lomotil. I wish they would deregulare its use. The generic version is almost as expensive as the brand name, but it's worth the cost. My doctor told me I was probably addicted, but I feel it's like insulin. I need it to have a good quality of life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 12

I have used Lomotil since 2001 with no side effects and very good results. I can eat during the day while away from home now. My quality-of-life is normal! :)

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 25

My (former) doctor first prescribed this for a bout of gastroenteritis, then gave me a prescription to take as needed for IBS with diarrhea. Extremely effective, with no notable side effects. Supposedly Imodium is just as effective, but not in my experience.

Related Reading: gastroenteritis

Comment from: Reddobie71, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

I sometimes get bouts of diarrhea and no OTC drugs would help. I spoke to my doctor about this problem and he prescribed Lomotil for me. I cannot believe how quickly it works. I only have to take one pill and my stomach and intestines are all nice and quiet. It's a miracle drug to me!!!

Comment from: A.Jay, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

After 3 months of cronic diarrhea, asociated with IBS, I was finally prescribed this medication. I took it at bedtime and the next day I was fine. No 4 or 5 times on the toilet before going to work. Very effective and I just use now as needed. Not a cure, but it will give you fast relief. Excellent drug.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 22

I was on Lomotil for 1 1/2yrs. The dr started with 2/day. When I was taken off because it wasn't working at all, he had me taking 1500/per month - that equals 10 5x/day. When I changed RX stores, the new pharmists flipped out!!! He was the only one that seemed to be aware of the damage Atropine could do to ones eyesite. And he was right. When I was started on this med I had better than 20/20 vision. Now I can't see anything with out contacts or glasses on at any distance. Everything is very blurry ALL the time with out them. And on top of that, my chronic diarrhea from medical resectioning did not improve at any doseage! If you value your eyesite, please be careful. Be sure you have regular vision checks so you'll be aware if its changing and can make adjustments. Although, by that time you may be to late, like I was.

Related Reading: Atropine