Lomotil User Reviews

Lomotil - User Reviews

Lomotil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lomotil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 14

Crohn's Disease is the reason I have taken Lomotil Oral for the past 10-12 years. I have not taken it every day for that long, but my physician alternated between Lomotil and other drugs meant for treating diarrhea.

Related Reading: Crohn's Disease

Comment from: rose, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 07

before i was given this med i had not been out to dinner for 2yrs,because of being afraid of accidents. After start of med, I would only take as needed.I would take a pill about an hour before eating & i was fine.I did not use med if I was eating at home. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I have been taking a cortico steroid (Endocort EC) since this past June 2007. I have microscopic colitis and IBS. After going off the Endocort and replacing it with Lomotil I am surprised and very pleased. Lomotil is working to keep my colitis in remission and also helps for stomach pains when I have a IBS flare-up. Lastly, Lomotil is far less expensive than Entocort which is important to me since I am retired and get only social security and recently joined a AARP plan to cover what Medicare does not.

Related Reading: microscopic colitis | colitis | Entocort

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 07

Not only does this medication stop diarrhea once it starts, but I also take it when I feel diarrhea symptoms coming on, like cramping or gurgling, and it prevents the diarrhea from happening in the first place. I have taken this medication a few times a month for Crohn's Disease for over 15 years with no side effects.

Comment from: ALLISON, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 21

i AM A WOMAN THAT SUFFER'S FROM IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,AND THIS DRUG HAS HELPED MY IBS SO MUCH. I WOULD RECOMEND ANYONE.

Related Reading: IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME

Comment from: angie, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I belive this drug saved my life!i only wish it wasent a controlled drug,and the dr's understood the pain of ibs w/o it. I am now able to live a normal happy healthy life thanks to this med.

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

With out this medication, I would not be able to leave my house. I was at that point a few years ago. I am so happy this medication exists. I can eat salads again!

Comment from: solo6916, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 06

Ihave had colitis for many years,without this and other meds I dont really know how I could live.

Comment from: bet1957, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 04

This is a wonder drug, however, one must be careful as it contains a narcotic in it and will present positive when drug tested.

Comment from: jean frederick, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 15

I am able to take one pill every morning and feel comfortable to go to lunch and shopping etc

Comment from: akilisi, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

I started to suffer from severe diarrhea after having my gallbladder removed. It went on for about 2 months with no treatment that worked until I went to the ER one day, and they gave me Lomotil. Within an hour, my life was back to normal!

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

This has been a Godsend. I was stopping to go on the way to work, had accidents and was going 6 times a day. It has been 90% effective in controlling my IBS. I have suffered for 10 years until Lomotil was prescribed

Cancer