Lomotil User Reviews

Lomotil - User Reviews

Lomotil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lomotil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Anasazi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I suffered from severe diarrhea (12 to 15 times a day) for several weeks. My doctor finally prescribed Lomotil. What a relief! Before taking this medication I could not get to the hospital for testing to find the problem. Hopefully the problem will be discovered soon. Lomotil has given my life back to me, can't say enough for it.

Comment from: George47, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I had ulcerative colitis, in 1997 I had my large intestine removed which helped get my life back. That is when I started taking Lomitil (2 pills 3x per day) I have been able to eat anything I want. Without it I have 24 hour diarrhea, which is not an option. that is almost 10 years since the operation and I have not had one problem.

Related Reading: ulcerative colitis

Comment from: Gregg, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I was diagnosed with IBS-D and struggled with a few unsuccessful meds my GI prescribed. Then my PCP prescribed Lomotil and it was a miracle for me. Over time, the effects have diminished somewhat, but I would recommend it to anyone with IBS-D. It has very little side-effects and it's not overly expensive either. So go ahead men & women too, don't be afraid to ask your doc to prescribe Lomotil to help yourself.

Cancer