Lopid User Reviews

Lopid - User Reviews

Lopid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lopid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ichigo Kurosaki, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 25

I tried to take this, but within hours of the first dose, I got a sharp pain directly below my sternum, either in my liver, or my stomach. I stopped taking it for five days then tried again, but stopping some supplements like B-vitamins and tried again. Got the same pain in the same place. I haven't taken it since. Ironically, the mega-dose of Niacin I was taking actually did a better job. This may work for some, but if you have a blood relative, especially a parent/child/sibling who has tried this and could not tolerate it, there is a good chance you won't tolerate it, either. My mother tried taking Lopid and though her reaction was different, her intolerance was apparently telling in this case. She can't take aspirin, but I have no problem with it.

Related Reading: vitamins | aspirin

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

I don't know if this is working or not, I just started it a week ago. It makes me extremely tired.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I started taking this for high cholesterol and because the newer market meds were too expensive. I also take fish oil supplements. Taking Lopid 30 minutes before eating is impossible unless I want to endure the worst acid-reflux imaginable. Have to take it with food. Had recent blood test and levels are still in high range.

Comment from: llindacm, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

I have been taking this medication for 8 weeks. Not sure how well it works as haven't had a new blood test. However, I have been experiencing nausea,indigestion and headaches. I reported this to my Doctor and he agreed that these reactions due occur. He switched me to Lovaza which he feels will not cause these side effects.

Related Reading: indigestion | Lovaza

Comment from: froggy, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

This has work wonders for me---will continue to use.

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.