Lopressor User Reviews

Lopressor - User Reviews

Lopressor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lopressor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: David, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 16

After reading through all the reviews I thought, wow! I am Type II Diabetic and this drug is the best High Blood Pressure medicine for Diabetics because it doesn't raise the blood sugar levels. I am like the girl with the super high BP and my normal was around 190/140 or higher. I was first on 50mg twice daily. That got me down to 140/90 for a low. Then recently the doctor increased me to 100mg twice daily. Bingo! I am now in the normal range and have seen 111/63. But my Heart Rate is still in the mid to high 80's. Added to this problem is that I have to take huge doses of Potassium to combat the potassium stripping the Lasix does. And I am on high dose of Lasix, 160mg once a day and 18,000mg Potassium (18k is not a miss-print) Plus that isn't enough to get rid of the fluid, so have to take Zaroxolyn too. I have Meniere's disease, both ears. The Glands that control the fluid in the body is dead on me. So, I have zero fluid control. So, reducing the edema (fluids) wasn't enough, and Lopressor works well for me. As for Sex drive, Oh I have no problem there! I have all the want and desire! :-)

Related Reading: Lasix | Meniere's disease | edema

Comment from: droberts5055@wowway.com, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I am on this medication for frequent pvcs and am only 26.this medication makes me extremly tired and gives me the shakes and chest pains. i have also noticed my back has been hurting alot.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 03

I am glad that this medication did not give me no sexual side effects.

Comment from: Marci, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

Before use my BP was 180/110 & my heart rate was always above 130. Now my BP is 130/70, or lower, and my pulse is 70-80. It also helps with my migraines.