Lortab Elixir User Reviews

Lortab Elixir - User Reviews

Lortab Elixir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lortab Elixir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mike, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I had a my tonsils removed (along with some other upper throat and septum work). My only prob with this med is that it doesn't last long enough. My dose is 15mL every 4 hours. The pain is back in about 1/2 the time.

Comment from: mom, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 17

This is working for my child (6yrs) who had her tonsils/adenoids removed. She HATES the taste but knows that it will provide some relief. The day after surgery she was drinking and eating soft foods, but I did give her the med. every 4 hours on the nose. Just swallow it down quickly and chase with a flavored drink (her choice=orange gatorade/vernors) and its done! If she can do it, so can you.

Comment from: Mom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 25

My son is 7 and had his tonsils and adenoids removed 3 days ago. This medication does seem to help with pain but he has had very little appetite. We are giving him 4-5 mL every four hours, even throughout the night. I have been waking him up in the night to make sure he gets his meds. on-time. Keeping up regular doses is the only way to keep him from getting past the point where we can't even get the medicine down because he is crying so hard. He does not like the taste, but it forces him to drink some fluids to wash it down.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

I am a 36 year old female that has had a tonsilectomy. For this type of pain, the medication has worked very well. Of course there is still pain, but considering that a portion of my body in my head was removed from my body and without the medicine it is excruciating to swallow, I am so thankful for being able to take a great edge off of the pain.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Attempt to get another med. Taking this med will cause nausea and/or vomiting (this is soley from the taste of the med). PT = 27 YOM, tonsilectomy, 2-3 TSP every 4-6 hours "as needed" meds would wear off in 3 hours. Taste of med would delay the dosing (thinking that maybe the pain was not that bad to be made to drink this med again). Mixing w/ water, Sprite, Gatorade does not help with taste!! Good Luck

Comment from: Teesters, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

Have a particularly bad case of Strep Throat and was prescribed the Elixir to help with the pain. And this has to be one of the worst prescription pain killers I've ever received. The only good thing about this garbage is how sleepy it makes me, which in turn allows me to zoink out. But I can only attempt to sleep so long as it's on my side and or my stomach because of fear of possibly voimiting. What little pain relife it does provide is done well before the "4-6 hour" dosage limit. If I ever get this as a prescription again, I'll be sure to come up with a reason to get something that I know will actually work, instead of waste my time.

Related Reading: Strep Throat | sleep

Comment from: Michael65270, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

Im 21 years old. I have lesions and abcesses in my throat and they gave me Hydrocodone (lortab elixir) for the pain. The first couple doses didnt seem to work. But have been taking it almost two days now and I can eat and drink just fine now. I would recommend to just give it time.

Related Reading: lortab elixir

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 01

My daughter is 3 years old and she had her tonsils out. I gave her this med every 4 hours and after the second day she just didnt want it anymore and so i just stop giving it to her she was eating and drinking good. but it done the job for her. At 3 years old. she did hate the taste but what kid wouldnt.

Comment from: IHAVEN'TGOTTIME4THEPAIN, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

s/p T & A - miserable. MD reccs dose of 15ml/4hours - what?? That means 7.5mg hydrocodone/500mg tylenol. It barely takes the edge off for an hour. WTF? I have had my throat slit open. Even MD reccs to increase to 22.5 ml still leaves me in pain before the 4 hour dosing window opens. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE! T & A approx 84 hours ago and have not slept more than 2 hours and swallowing is excruciating. Will have to return to MD office on Monday - I'm actually getting bronchitis/productive cough too!

Related Reading: tylenol | cough