Lortab Elixir User Reviews

Lortab Elixir - User Reviews

Lortab Elixir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lortab Elixir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 05

I had my tonsils and adnoids removed. This medication is the only reason I can swollow at all let alone get any sleep after my surgery.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 23

25 year old female with ulcerated esophogus. the med takes the edge off the pain, but i am only able to take it at night due to the drowsiness it causes. The taste is not that bad if you consider the relief it provides.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

I am recovering from a UPPP, tonsillectomy and deviated septum repair. My nose is not bothering me at all. I HATE this med! It burns going down and the pain relief is only good for about 1 1/2 hrs. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and had much better pain control with Vicodin when I had previous surgeries. I am to the point that I am taking ES Tylenol caplets as these are less painful to swallow. I am not getting any sleep effects from this medication either.

Related Reading: deviated septum | burns | Vicodin

Comment from: schokcer28, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 04

I am 29 yr. old Male I had a Tonsillectamy. I have found this med to taste like Robitussin that is not flavored. However once you get past the taste it works very well.

Comment from: silvertop, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

Had severe viral throat infection. Was prescribed for pain. Hated the dosage was in ML ( had to determine 15 ML = fluid oz on internet. I had 3+ glasses of water before bedtime, but had VERY little urine a couple hours later. Decided to stop aftr 1 dose

Comment from: Dizzy Patient, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I had to have a cyst removed from my throat and this was prescribed as a pain reliever. It burns like fire going down and tastes horrible. I have also never been so dizzy in my life but I can swallow without pain.

Comment from: nrs1938@gmail.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 28

After having MAJOR toncil surgery for cancer, I found it to be the most difficult painful medicine that I could ever imagine. At one point I screamed with pain after the first swallow.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: laurel, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 24

i took a morphine this morning around 10:30 and still in lots of pain can i take another morphine or can i take lortab instead for in between

Comment from: SherryGabs, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

Had most of my stomach and small portion of small intestine removed 4 days ago. Was on morphine in hospital and was switched to Lortab elixir the day before discharge. The first couple of doses made me vomit, after that no more nausea. It does relieve pain, not totally, but well enough. The relief does not last 4 hours, however. I either have to suffer or take dosages more frequently.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

Makes me a bit dizzy but works really well. Hardly no pain from adenotonsillectomy.

Comment from: calluna13, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

Had major surgery twice within the last year and they sent me home with this both times. Although I'm sure it's safer to send home than a more potent drug, it doesn't quite kick the pain the same as in hospital ones do. Not impressed by it at all!

Comment from: Mom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 21

My daughter is nine and was recently given Lortab Elixer at the emergency room for a fractured foot. This was a huge mistake! The medicine had no sooner hit her mouth and it was projectile vomited straight back out. Why the nurse chose an alcohol based liquid I will never understand. This pain reliever is obviously not for children and I am horrified that it has not been labeled as such. Hopefully parents across the nation will complain to their pediatricians as I plan to do and help to keep this medication from traumatizing and possibly poisoning other children in the future. Jodi Kennedy- Mom

Chronic Pain/Back Pain