Lotemax User Reviews

Lotemax - User Reviews

Lotemax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotemax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: No Tears, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

I have been to several different doctors, to one of the best eye institutes in the country, tried every medicine imaginable for my eye which has constantly watered for the past 5 years. Doctors have been unable to diagnose the cause and have experimented with every type of medicine available. One week ago I returned to my local eye doctor because the problem had become worse to the point of infection. I had been using Tobradex for some time but it was no longer working. My doctor gave me a sample of Lotemax and in 3 days my eye (for the first time in 5 years) cleared up and stopped tearing. It seems almost too good to be true for me but today is 7 days of no tears.

Related Reading: Tobradex | Lotemax

Comment from: jnrsnona, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

I have had chronic dry eye condition for over 12 years and used Bion Tears eye drops for relief. I have also abused other "get-the-red-out" eye drops which [provide only temporary relief and have a rebound effect. I was socially feeling self conscious because people assume my dry eyes were maybe from something else,,,if you catch my drift here, Very embarrassing. I just had an eye exam and they did a Shirmer's tes for dry eye and I definitely showed a severd positive result for that. My doctor prescribed Lotemax Ophthalmic .05 . The relief is instant ! I have white where there used to be red in my eyes. What a miracle ! I would definitely recommend this medication to anyone suffering from chronic inflammation in their eyes due to dry eye syndrome

Related Reading: dry eyes

Comment from: Barb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

I have Sjogren's and my eyes are very dry and require drops several times a day. I use Thera Tears.....but recently was having more red eye and burning than usual in spite of the drops. My optometrist prescribed Lotemax three times per day. I love this medication!!! I feel as if my eyes are new again! What relief! I praise God for this wonderful medication!

Published: March 28

I get viral conjunctivitis very frequently, approximately once a month for the past year, my eyes are normally red when I wake up in the morning, this is the 2nd time I have been prescribed this for it, and both times it clears up the pain, redness, and watering almost right away.

Comment from: eng12, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 26

I'm sixteen years old. I've had sticky, white dischargings of mucous building up in my eyes every waking hour since I was nine. I've taken various medications (with names I cannot remember), tried hot compresses, used lid scrubs, rinsed with various irrigating solutions and few worked even temporarily if at all. Last week, my ophthalmologist prescribed Lotemax with assurance of its effectiveness. I was a bit skeptical, but after the first drops, the normal disgusting, huge, sticky mucous dissolved to fragile strings to nothing. I was astounded. Seven years of eye rubbing and gallons of mucous from my eyes have finally ended. Lotemax is a miracle.

Comment from: bikeboy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 11

It works great, but $305 for a 15ml bottle? That's not just unconscionable, but ought to be criminal! It probably cost them $5 to make it, and of course there is no generic. They should be thrown in prison.

Comment from: ddddddd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

I have dry eye and my eyes get really dry when using computers for long periods especially under AC or heating vents where there is lots of air flow. My doctor gave me this and I used it from time to time. The best result I was was when I was out in a bar for a few nights where there was lots of smoke. My eyes were bright RED the next morning and this gave instant relief from itching/burning and made them eventually whiter. I would recommend this drop....

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Relieved, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I have tried 3 different eye drop to clear up over tearing in both of my eyes and none of them worked. i was on the verge of have stents put inot each eye to control the over tearing. I was given Lotemax to try and almost immediately the tearing reduce the gritty feeling in my eyes went away and the blurry vision went. I am very happy with this product.

Comment from: Namma, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

so far, this rx has greatly relieved my symptoms, and immediately!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.