Lotemax User Reviews

Lotemax - User Reviews

Lotemax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotemax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Drover, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

My opthomologist did not instruct me to apply light pressure to the inside corner of my eye in order to prevent Lotemax from entering the tear duct and draining into my throat.My throat is extremely painful when I swallow and I have eaten nothing but oatmeal and soups for the past three days. I will never use Lotemax again nor will I ever use a steroid in my eyes in the future.. It is extremely painful to swallow.

Comment from: LADY, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

My left eye has a small bump on the outer white part that became inflammed. It felt like a grain of something was inside the eyelid. The Dr. prescribed these drops. I felt sudden relief after the first treatment. The eye is now without redness & pain after (3) drops. Great medicine.

Comment from: GPC sufferer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I was prescribed Lotemax .5 to treat Giant Papillary Conjuntivitis (GPC). The dosage is 4x's daily for 5 days, then 2x's daily for 5 days. Yesterday 9/1/2012 was my first day using and only instilled 3x's since I filled the Rx in late afternoon. When I woke in the morning my left eyelid was swelled so bad and I am wondering if this is a sign that the meds are working? The left eyelid is the one suffering more severely with GPC, the right lid just had the normal puffiness that I've been experiencing, so I would expect that if I was allergic to this med, that both lids would have swelled the same. I've also been prescribed Patanol which was started on 8/27/2012 - instill 2x's daily and was told to continue with both meds to try and knock this out. I've instilled the Patanol to see if it would take the swelling down since it is an antihistimine-after about 20 mins it appears to have helped a bit. I am going to wait another hr or so to see if the swelling subsides before taking the Lotemax. My GPC was diagnosed on 8/27/12, however I suspect this started about 4 wks prior to that and was initially prescribed Vigamox to treat pink-eye. It wasn't until 8/27 that the Dr flipped my eyelid to discover GPC was present. My vision remains unaffected through all this, the eyelids are the main issue with swelling and itchiness. Discharge is minimal. I've discontinued using my contacts since 8/27. This is my first episode ever with GPC. I will update on my progress with Lotemax - however, so far, not impressed - I guess I was hoping for an overnight miracle instead of a left eyelid almost swelled shut.

Related Reading: Patanol | Vigamox

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

much less irritation than before

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I started this drug yesterday and today had 90% blurring in eye so I stopped. Don't know why if this is supposed to help me.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.