Lotrel User Reviews

Lotrel - User Reviews

Lotrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cappy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

The side effects have become unbearable. Impotence, severe fatigue and weight gain.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: soccermom59, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I developed a dry cough that interrupts my sleep. I am constantly fatigued and a going to ask the doctor to change to something. I am taking the generic form, so I don't know if the name brand would be different.

Related Reading: cough | sleep

Comment from: cozaar, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I started taking this drug over a year ago. I had chronic hypertension the likes of which my Dr had never seen on anyone conscious. She told me my age was saving me and put me on Lotrel. HBP runs in my family. Within two weeks my BP was down to normal ranges. However a year and a half later I cannot bear the dry cough that wakes me up at night, annoys my pastor in church and keeps people at a distance from me at work because they are afraid they are going to catch “something”. I mean I cough till I get ligh headed and feel like I am going to pass out. Forget making me laugh....I will cough forever before I stop! What is worse is I am fighting to take off the 20 lbs I have gained. I have drastically increased my workout routine. I took up boxing. I go to a traditional boxing gym 4 times a week and have been going since October. I have only lost 6 lbs despite of the fact that I have dropped ALL my bad habits including beer! No alcohol whatsoever since November. No pizza, no fatty foods, low calories. I avoid processed food where I can. No binge eating. No explanation for the little improvement. I just have to switch. My sex drive is down the drain. It takes forever to achieve an orgasm even when pleasuring myself. Sometime I even quit! That is all I need to switch. It works very well but hopefully something else will do the job. You only live once and I would also like some of the other pleasures of life along with good health. Good luck to you all.

Related Reading: Lotrel

Comment from: SBKat, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

My Dr gave me to high of dose, 5/40 & kept me on Lisinopril/HCTZ 20/25, I'm a 110lb 45yo Fe. On 2/4/07, after 12 days I had a severe hypotensive episode, & lost my BP for a while. I have experienced brain damage, especially in regards to speech & memory, as well as numerous chronic neurologocical & physiological problems. Interesting enough, the majority are noted side effects of Lotrel. I kept saying I felt like the drug was still in me, & was told no way. After going to the website askapatient.com, & reading 250+ other people's generally very negative comments about this drug, & speaking to different pharmacists who have told me they believe that some people will never lose their side effects even after discontinuing it, I strongly urge people to post their comments on that site & other medical sites to see what help, hopefully exists, for these problems.

Comment from: Barry S., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Lotrel has helped lower my BP, but I noticed that about two weeks into taking it, I started noticing my knee joints "cracking" when I stand up from a seated position. Is this a normal thing? My doctor doesn't seem to think it's the Lotrel, but I am and have been in excellent health and the problem did not start til after I started the Lotrel, so...Anybody with an opinion of same would be welcome! Thanks, Barry sieglesx4@verizon.net

Comment from: Elmo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

Taking the brand name for a year with no problems. Just switched to the generic and developed every side effect possible after 7 days. Back to the name brand "lotrel" tomorrow! Generics never again !

Comment from: stuffy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I have developed an almost constant cough along with a never ending stuffy nose since I started this medication

Comment from: schaefed@bboed.org, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been on Lotrel for about six months. Blood pressure is steady, but I am noticing a weight gain. A slow, steady weight gain. I am not overweight, run/exercise on a regular basis and my "habits" have not changed. Has anyone else had this type of effect? Until reading these reviews, I never put the two together.

Comment from: pfcpremosgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

My blood pressure rapidly returned to a healthy range within 2 weeks of beginning this drug. However, I have developed a constant and very annoying cough as a result of taking this medication.