Lotrel User Reviews

Lotrel - User Reviews

Lotrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Geri, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

I have experiences a slow but steady increase in weight! No matter how little I eat, it has not helped.

Comment from: lavidaamore, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been taking Lotrel for a year now. Two months into taking it. My Dr. up my dosage from 5/10 to 10/20. Since then I have been experiencing sinus flare ups. Where my sinus would start draining due to sensitivity of certain odors and or dust. I'm often awaken due to the drainage that occurs. Recently I started taking my BP meds along with my daily supplements. And by doing this I have found that my sinus side effect have deminish by 90%. And my levels are in normal range 125/85(avg).

Comment from: ~Karen~, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I've been using Lotrel for 3 years now. Each year my dr increased the mg of the medicine. I found myself gaining weight and not being able to wear shoes, not even sneakers & flip flops in the summer. My de's answer to that was buy larger sized shoes/sneakers. He's upset that I keep gaining weight. Duh...I guess he hasn't read any of the effects for this drug. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER WITH THIS BP MEDICINE.

Comment from: rebedavis, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Lotrel has managed my blood pressure by I have had swelling of the feet until I thought my feet were going to burst open! side effects are important

Comment from: R. Davis, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have try a lot of different drugs of this type, but this one (Lotrel) has worked the best for me without the side effects.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

My blood pressure was high with my previous treatment. Lotrel brought my BP back to normal or better. However, it seems to be causing some ED issues. Anyone else with this sympton?

Comment from: Ray, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

After the pharmacy switced my Lotrel to generic I started having bleeding gums. When I contacted my Doctor he said that was a major side effect of the generic. He called pharmancy and got name brand again and gum bleeding stopped.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

My blood pressure came down very nicely. However, I have felt chronically tired since beginning it. My doctor says it shouldn't make me feel tired so I suppose it could be a coincidence.

Comment from: Librababy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 19

Dry cough that I can't control in the middle of the night. Cough drops sometime suppress the problem, but my pressure has been normal for the first time in years.

Comment from: KCosta, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

Used 10 mg Norvasc + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. And my blood pressure was 140/98. Switched to 5/20 mg Lotrel + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. After 48 hours my blood pressure dropped to 114/75.

Related Reading: Norvasc

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

This drug has brought my BP down nicely. I feel like though when it peeks, it peeks, since I get a strong feeling of weakness and a light headed feeling.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Been taking this drug 6-7 years and although the BP is within range have developed dry barking cough all day and all night,progressive weight gain, water incontinence and swollen ankles. New doctor is putting me on Benicar HC as of today

Related Reading: Benicar