Lotronex User Reviews

Lotronex - User Reviews

Lotronex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotronex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Heather, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

My IBS condition severely impacted my life. I was unable to participate in activities because I never knew when a bout may occur. They were severe and occurred often. Since taking the medication i am able to enjoy life again and I feel great too. I know that the medication has it's risk but in my situation the benefits have far outweighed the risk and I am not even taking the full minimal dose of the medication!

Comment from: zabeth, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 03

I do not know what I would do without this medication. I have severe diarrhea. This pill makes me normal. Imodium was good for me, but it did not form the stool. This pill forms the stool. I have been on this medication for several years now. I hope it never stops working for me.

Related Reading: diarrhea | Imodium

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I agree that it is a wonder drug. It isn't perfect but it is the best/only drug out there that remotely works. It allows me to have a life and career.

Comment from: jc, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

I had horrible diarrhea issues that kept me at home on many occasions. I started to get panic attacks b/c I feared that my problem was going to attack on a date, at work, or while I was out with friends. I had stopped eating meals in public to try to slow down my digestive tract. I had tried so many diets and medications. I was even taking xanax for my panic attacks. Lotronex is the first thing that works and it works very well!!!

Related Reading: panic attacks | xanax | Lotronex

Comment from: barbmurr@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 27

My life was miserable before taking Lotronex and was faced with having to quit my job because I travel often. I was constantly seeking out bathroom locations and an embarassing situation in a cab ride just about made me hand in my resignation. This drug has without a doubt saved my life and I have no fear of traveling or meeting clients for meals. I don't take it every day, only when I recognize the symptoms of IBS and I immediately take a pill. Just knowing that the episode will pass I am immediately relaxed and ready to carry on with my day. I thank God that my physician put me on this miracle drug. He gave me back my life.

Comment from: Kathy-Illinois, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 08

I've read the reviews regarding this drug, Lotronex. I too, have suffered with IBS/D for several years & for the past 5 years have been taking 1 mg p/day. While I am most grateful for having my life back (working, shopping, socializing, etc.), I have experienced an increase in the cost of the medication for the past 13 months. I live in IL & now pay $545.00 per month for 30 pills (Initially, cost was $180.00). I do know that Glaxco-Smith Kline SOLD this drug to Prometheus Laboratories, San Diego, CA approximately 1/08. Whether it is new marking stratgies by Prometheus to off-set their cost of purchasing/manufacturing this drug, I feel $545.00 per month is completely UNREASONABLE both to the patient as well as my medical insurance coverage. While I am fortunate, at the moment, to have a prescription plan which pays for 85% of the cost, this claim, per month is calculated toward my overall lifetime maximum for my major medical coverage. I feel that there is a such a small percentage of patients that fit the criteria in need of this medication we have no option, currently, other than to pay this EXCESSIVE price. I look forward to the day when there will be a GENERIC form of this drug (as far as I know there is none). I will be discussing this issue with my GI doctor in the very near future. I wish everyone with this disorder continued days without our every thought being..."WHERE IS THE BATHROOM".

Comment from: cherlee, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 04

While not 100% better - taking Lotronex allows me to have a better quality of life without constantly searching for a bathroom while away from home. Works much better than Bentyl, Lomotil, Immodium. No side effects of dry mouth or drowsiness.

Related Reading: Bentyl | Lomotil | dry mouth

Comment from: Kate, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I have been taking Lotronex for almost six years now. It has helped with my IBS a decent amount. When my life is relatively stress-free I may go six weeks without an episode of diarrhea, but when I'm more stressed I tend to have an episode every few days. It would be nice if it would work ALL the time--especially in times of high stress--but getting diarrhea once every 2-3 days is still better than 10 times a day.

Related Reading: stress