Lotronex User Reviews

Lotronex - User Reviews

Lotronex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotronex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Finally_Better, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 17

With each new decade of my life I was becoming more and more impaired. More cramps, more diarrhea, more embarrasment. I started the .5 mg dose (twice a day) about a year ago. Although I have developed some tolerance to Lotronex, I have to say it is a LIFE CHANGING medication. I have regained QUALITY OF LIFE. I have NO SIDE EFFECTS. Only benefits. I can't imagine ever going back to how I was.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

I was diagnosed at the age of 16 with IBS and for years after that I went through almost every medication they could give me and finally after 4 years they perscribed lotronex and it has honestly been the first to make a significant difference. I cannot say that I am cured but I went from 4 diarrhea movements a day to 1 regular movement. I do have some of the side effects like constipation (which was something I had experienced in years) but all in all I consider this medicine a win. I am not pleased with the cost and cannot wait till there is a generic version. I cannot afford this stuff on a college student's income.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 10

Prior to taking Lotronex, I am pretty sure they had me on every medication possible even liquid Opium. None of it worked. My episodes had gotten so bad that I was eating Pepto, Gas-X and Imodium like they were candy. Now with Lotronex I feel much better and I am now able to go out wherever and whenever I want. While I have had a few minor episodes its nothing compared to what things were like prior to Lotronex.

Comment from: Runner, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I started having digestive problems after my gall bladder was removed several years ago, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then about a year ago I started having uncontrolled diarrhea. Sometimes I couldn't even make it to a bathroom, which was awful! I had never had that problem before. The doctor did the breath test and found bacteria in my upper intestines, after which he put me on medication for 10 days. That helped for 30 days and then it was back to the same problem. I then had all the tests, blood, colonoscopy, endoscopy. All negative. My diarrhea was ruining my life and I couldn't eat for fear of going to the bathroom or having an accident. He finally put me on Lotronex and it has helped a great deal. I only take one pill 0.5mg in the morning and it helps all day. If I forget to take it one day, the next day I have diarrhea again. So I don't want to be without this drug...ever. I have noticed some days that I have a little constipation, but I still have a BM and it certainly beats the alternative of running to the bathroom 5-6 times a day with diarrhea. Hopefully, they keep making this drug or come up with a cure for IBD.

Comment from: vicats, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 28

I started drug while on trial and went from having 10 to 15 bowel movements per day to 2 or 3 diarrhea stools. always had severe cramping and nausea with retching with each bowel movement. I was one of the women who begged to have it return to the market. I continue to use the max amount most days 1 mg twice daily on occasion i will take only daily. I adjust the doseage according to my bowel movements and have control of my life without the severe nausea, abdominal pain, and cramping that always went along with my diarrhea. on ocassion when I have eaten too much fresh vegetables and fruit I still have to take imodium, but I can enjoy the foods that I like now. The cost for a months supply is $800.00 and over. I would not be able to pay for it without my insurance paying for the lions share of it. But I have a life that does not depend on how close the bathroom is.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: Sunshine, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

I have tried everything until finally after 5years I was in tears and told my doctor my irritable bowel syndrome was interfering in my life. I had already told my husband to go on with his life. I felt like I needed to be confined to my home at the age of 42. It caused some depression because I am a very active person and felt like I needed a portable potty with me at all times. Well since I have been taking lotronex I have had no side effects and I am living Life to the fullest. I went online and got the number for the drug co and they sent me discount cards so the medication for a 60 month supply only cost me a $15 copay. I take 1 0.5mg twice a day. I only take the evening one if I am going to be out somewhere were I might get alittle squeezy. It is WONDERFUL! I was alittle nervous at the beginning to start it because of the side effects and waiver I had to sign but I am glad God is with me on this one! it's the best. You can also call the company and get them to send you a card for a 2 week trial at no cost. You just need a RX from your dr for #30 and take it to the pharmacy with the card. Now the other discount cards you can use each card 6 times for refills. GOOD LUCK! Thank God for Lotronex!

GI Disorders