Lotronex User Reviews

Lotronex - User Reviews

Lotronex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lotronex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I have suffered with IBS for over 25 years. Now I am taking Lotronex once a day and I feel that I can do almost anything that I could not do before I started to take this medication. I was not able to go out to eat with my husband, visit with friends or even travel. I now feel well enough to be able to enjoy the things I was missing in my life. I am even back at school to get my BS in Health Studies.

Comment from: happy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 08

Lotronex has made a tremendous diference in my quality of life. I teach middle schoolers, and before this drug I was looking for another career. I take the max dose, 2 1mg tabs per day, and still have some urgency, some loose stools, but no more accidents, leakage or explosive diarrhea. I wish a higher dose was available to me, but as long as this dosage keeps working like this, I'll be happy.

Comment from: tc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

it works better than anything I have tried,am curious if other males are using it since it has only been tested on women

Comment from: toocoleyolie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

OMG, this has been truly a God sent for me. I have had IBS for 20 yrs. plus. I have been takin Lotorex for almost a 1yr. My doctor gave me a discount card i only pay 15 bucks.God sent this med to me. I will tell you all find that doctor that will go hi and low for you and your pocket book. One more thing dont miss a dose. sign. Texas

Comment from: texas1970, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

I have struggled with extreme stomach pains with diarrhea for quite a few years. Doc FINALLY put me on Lotronex. Granted, it's only been about a week and a half, but oh my! I'm already 1000% better. Had some stomach cramping within the first two days of starting the drug, but now that seems to have disappeared. I love this drug! Being cautiously optimistic though!!

Comment from: Beverly, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have had IBS for over 25 yrs. and this is a miracle drug. I am aware that there are some risks that come with this drug, but I am not willing at this time to give them up. Recently I have been diagnosed with colon ulcers, but my doctor assured me that it is not from taking Lotronex. I have researched it and I will continue with the drug. I have my life back again....

Comment from: Vicki, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 12

I've had IBD for several years and nothing hepled until Lotronex. It's almost perfect. I'd recommend this to any who need help with chronic diarrhea.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

This medication needs "carefull" management by pts themselves. I was perscribed 0.5mg and told after a week, I could up the dose to 10mg. I take 1/4 to 1/2 of 0.5mg daily and it's a wonder drug. My IBS in 30yrs has never been so controled.

Comment from: Eileen, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 16

Allowed me to live a normal life instead of publicly losing control of my bowels in markets, malls and anywhere else diarrhea struck.

Comment from: halo1053, 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have been taking Lotronex ever since it came back onthe market - I think it was 2005. I haqd also aken it before it waqs removed. I call it a miracle drug for me.I would like to know if there have been any reports of it losing effectiveness after 5 years which seems to be happening to me. I am aking two 0.5 maybe I need to go back to 2 of 1.0.

Comment from: bobwyre, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been taking this for more than 2 years. It has been great...but losing my insurance so I don't know how I will pay for the $800 a month cost.

GI Disorders