Lovaza User Reviews

Lovaza - User Reviews

Lovaza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lovaza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hmmmm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

I have to call it a miracle. After 4 years on 4 different drugs (Gemfibrozil, Lipitor, Tricor and combo) to lower my high triglycerides w/ varying effectiveness and side effects I ask my doctor to let me try this "natural" solution. Triglycerides and cholesterol plummeted to lowest levels since I had my first blood test 20 years ago (and lower than any of the other drugs my doctor and I tried). All w/ 0 (zero) side effects! And the best bonus? I lost 30# in 7 weeks (4 weeks after I started taking Lovaza) w/o changing a thing in my diet or exercise routine! I generally feel better too! Could not be happier and wonder why I didn't switch the day Lovaza (then called Omacor) came on the market. If it works for your conditions try it, it's truly a miracle.

Related Reading: Lipitor | Tricor | cholesterol

Comment from: Lee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I've been using Omacor/Lovaza for alittle less than 2 yrs for high triglycerides. When I started my level was off the scale and now it's below 300. That's the best it's been in over ten yrs. The only side effect has been an occasional burp with bad taste like old tuna fish.

Related Reading: Lovaza

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Triglycerides came down 120 points in 3 weeks.

Comment from: Aunt Jake, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 11

I started using Lovaza when it was called Omacor. The stomach and bowel side effects lessened shortly after obtaining full-strength dose, but occassionally reoccur. Reliant Pharmaceuticals should look into reducing the size of these huge capsules, enabling a one-pill dose taken twice a day instead of the current tw0-pill dose taken twice a day.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 17

in 3 months I went from 540 down to 224! I have been on every medication on the market with little or no results (only terrible side effects)

Comment from: Labradad, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

Before you make any change ask your Doc. I wrote before I was going to try wal-mart fish oil. I did my test with 4 1gm lovaza saw a drop from 800s to 300s. I took 1 1gm lovaza and 3-1200mg Nature made fish oil 1200mg with same diet, for 30 days got the test results today 375. Doc said see lovaza did it. Then I told him about the switch, he cleared his throat and said "You have come a long way with diet." He also said "Lets see next month." Will post in 30days again. I have made many changes in lifestyle and diet. Please ask your Doc. if its okay. I have Diabetes, Back nerve problems, high blood pressure, and kidney problems. My doc and RX bills with insurance are $400 month. I have lost 30lbs, quit smoking and beer. Salad is no longer a dirty word. We all are differant. I just wanted to share this. Ralph

Related Reading: Diabetes | high blood pressure | smoking

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 17

I have been on lovaza for 6 months. At 4 months, it had already lowered my triglycerides by 50%. I have lost 20 pounds and I was struggling to lose weight before taking this drug. The only negetive is the cost. I keep doing it because I am a diabetic and have had two types of cancer. It will actually save me money in the long run if I take the weight off and decrease or eliminate the other medications that I take for diabetes.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Hdchiky, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

This drug has been highly effective for me. My triglycerides were out the ceiling bad, my count was 2200+. Dr said I would feel much better (didn't know I felt bad but ok)I have been on the drug 6 months went back to the dr and after lab work the count is down to 800. The dr was very proud for me and ask that I continue using it. No problem since it does not seem to bother me in any way. I highly recommend the use of this drug.