Lucentis User Reviews

Lucentis - User Reviews

Lucentis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lucentis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Barbara, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

I have had 6 monthly injections in my left eye so far, and my doctor is very pleased. The sight was 20/80 when I started treatment, and is now 20/32. He said I should continue to take the treatments.

Comment from: cjb, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 08

I have had 8 injections. My vision was 20/70 after my first bleed, has been as good as 20/50 and as bad as 20/100 so far - currently about 20/65. It isn't a miracle cure but judging from how quickly my father and sister went blind 24 years & 10 years ago), I would say Lucentis is helping me retain much more sight longer than they ever dreamed of. Injections are difficult but well worth it. It works even better for people whose macular degeneration isn't as aggressive as mine.

Related Reading: Lucentis | macular degeneration

Comment from: webMD, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

I was given LUCENTIS IO in my eye for ARMD wet type . 3 inj in 3 months.I improved a lot.My central vision has improved.I can drive my car & i can work on computer.Thanks to this wonderful drug. Dr.J.P.Verma.1/209 Sri Ram Nagar.G.T.Road.ShahdraDelhi.India.

Comment from: ccs, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 09

I was diagnosed with wet macular over a year ago, only 49 years old. I have had 12 injections and so far I am able to read atleast a line better on eye chart the past few months. I am taking injections every 4 weeks and will continue as long as needed. I have only had 1 "bleed" so the lucentis is working and I am blessed to have this available. I am still hoping to regain 20/20 someday. I don't enjoy the procedure but its worth it to maintain the eyesight I currently have.

Comment from: Vera, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 01

In 2008 I had five injectionn of Lucentis in the Right eye for wet ARMD. Vison was good (20/20) and remained good. Wavy lines disappeared. Had very uncomfortable swelling, redness, itching, tearing of the eye, along with long lasting dicoloration of the skin around the eye. In March 2010, had one injection in left eye with similar reaction of the eye. Wet ARMD was diagnosed with photographs. I questioned allergy to Lucentis right along. In April 2010, I had 2nd injection in left eye. Seven hours later I experienced cardiac fibrillation. Diagnosis "supraventricular tachycardia" (fibrillation) - "probably reaction to Lucentis." Vision was good at start and remains good. Now concerned that the drug remains effective for 45 days, during which time I am at risk of serious side effects, including stroke. Blindness or stroke is no choice. An antidote is needed.

Related Reading: itching | allergy | stroke

Comment from: Tula Brown, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 31

I have already lost central vision in my right eye. I have been treated with Lucentis for 2 years, almost every month, and my sight is now almost 20/20. Macugen, Avastin and other treatments did not work. I am one of the lucky ones

Related Reading: Macugen | Avastin

Comment from: roy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 14

AMD right eye. Avastin 1 year followed by Lucentis one year. No improvement (although my doctor thinks this is the improvement). Suffer from headaches and itching since switching to Lucentis. Thinking about stopping treatment.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I suddenly lost vision in my left eye. fortunately, I am part of an AMD study so went the next day to see my retinologist who gave me an injection of lucentis. I've h ad three so far and my vision is virtually back to normal. We have postponed the fourth injection to see how it goes. I experienced little discomfort during or after the injection.

Comment from: blind R eye, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

My vision was 20/200. I have had only 2 injections. I have tears and a lot of pain for at least 8hrs. My eye is sensitive to light and still pains a great deal. I hope this gets better.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.