Lucentis User Reviews

Lucentis - User Reviews

Lucentis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lucentis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kRK, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 05

It came on suddenly. I accidentally covered my left eye and NOTHING. I was blind. With quick treatment I began noticing improvements and after 4 injections am close to 20/20. Thanks Dr.Chu, Dr.Assad, Saint Michael's Hospital Toronto and the Canadian health plan.

Comment from: nolansk, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 09

This drug along with a most excellent Doctor has saved my mother sight for the past three years. She lost most of her sight in her left eye due to another condition (she is 81). Her right eye maintains 20/30, with a slight improvement in both eyes this treatment. I highly recommend this drug for anyone with Wet Macular Degeneration.

Comment from: andy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

I had 4 treatments ,once a month. After the 4th , leakage closed. Then 1 and 1/2 months later leakage was back to when i started. I restarted treatments now so will see how this goes.

Comment from: noreaster, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 09

Receiving tx. for 3 years.Disease progression controlled. wondering if users of lucentis have experienced fainting,fatigue,increased urination,drop in blood pressure. Have had 2 hospital stays thinking fainting was "cardiac". Neuro.,Cardiac,MRI,CT Scan all neg. Could it be side effects from lucentis ? Have a friend with similar complaints. MD & I stumped. Would love feedback.

Related Reading: fainting | fatigue

Comment from: 3mzfa8, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

The injection into my eye is very painful and I have severe pain for up to 6-7 hours following the procedure even with the use of an anesthetic.

Comment from: Hope, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I am pleased with the success of the Lucentis injections. I do not like the two weeks of swelling, drying and itching experienced in treated eye. Is this unique or are others having same results?

Comment from: Sam, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

My father 69, was diagonised with WetAMD, after he lost his right eye, 3 lucentis injections were given every month to the left one, there were inital signs of improvement, but didn't last very long. After 6 months yesterday he went for his 4th injection, says no improvement so far. He's almost going blind and shelling out a lot $$$, quite unhappy. From our experience chances of this injection working when diagonised at a late stage are minimal. We are hoping for the best, but he's very depressed about progressively losing his vision. Any feedback or input from the users would be helpful.

Comment from: daniel b, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 18

I have had 19 lucentis injections 10 right eye 9 left eye, and I do not feel any improvement so far I can not read the paper or books now ,dont know what to do in order to help, thank you

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: June 03

Recently noticed change in vision while taking this medication. I have had over 20 shots. Vision improved via eye chart. What is going on now is a recent development thatbwas reported to doctor. Itbeffects my reading & distance vision. Line appear to jump & pieces of one word mix with the other on another line. I see retina specialist this week & hopefully he has answers. I now use a ruler to read newspaper because of lines jumping

Comment from: wink, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

After 5 injections, I experienced no improvement at all.There's still fluid behind the macula. It's time to try Avastin so the drug companies should not be the only ones benefitting from this expensive medication[Lucentis]

Comment from: TEDDYTEDDY, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

I have had two injections: my Dr says that the swelling and bleeding has decreased. I am grateful to him for giving me these injections.

Comment from: Frank, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

Left eye. 3 Avastin,no effect; about 12 Lucentis, short term effect clearing then fading associated with foging after 10 to 14 days. I'd like injections twice a month at least temporarily to see if it helps.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.