Lucentis User Reviews

Lucentis - User Reviews

Lucentis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lucentis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: viva, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

Diadnosed with wet macular degeneration from a complication due to central serous retinopathy. have had 4 injections in left eye with minor vision improvement only on 4th one. only had one bleed but have awful reaction about an hour later. feels like eye is blocked. my nose blocks also and feels like blocked sinuses or similar. and have ache behind eye on and off all the time. also now get irritated eye on and off for few weeks after injection. i'm only 54 and hate it all .... am too vain to not be able to put make up on properly. maybe i'll consider eye liner tattoo. has anyone else had that done? am still working and driving as other eye is ok so far. but have already had episodes of central serous retinopathy in it. I may eventually be legally blind but ..... "NOT TODAY".

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

I am 85 yrs. old female diagnosed with ARWMD which occurred without any warning. Had annual check-up no problem. Two month later noticed black spot in eye. I will receive my 5th Lucentis shot which has helped me 95%. I am very grateful to be able to see again and be independent.

Comment from: Rose,EF, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 26

Diagnosis: persistent cystoid macular odema secondary to RP. I have odema in both eyes - worse in the right. Had 1 lucentis injection in right without improvement to my blurry vision, which continu. to worsen. V. painful exp. with 1st injection - red eye, severe pain for days, watery eye, v. wavy & decreased vision. Had another lucentis injection today but this time into my left eye - injection wasn't painful and only slight red eye. Consultant has given up fighting odema in right eye as too persistent. Has anyone had a similar experience? Know of any other treatment options? For 4 years I've been taking Diamox, Trusopt, various other steriods, even an injection of steriods directly into my right eye. Please help, I'm only 24 years old!

Related Reading: Trusopt

Comment from: shabbysherry@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

I am 61. I have had only 2 injections of Lucentis. I can drive again, after 3 weeks and 2 injections 1 in each eye. I hope this miracle continues. I have found that getting off ALL SUGAR helps this treatment work better. That means less insulin. I am working toward no insulin at all. Soon I hope. The weight loss and no sugar helps my vascular system work better in order to recieve these injections of Lucentis. Avastin didn't work except put me in the hospital with a DVT and Cellulitis in both legs. Lucentis is making my legs itch, but not cellulitis. I also can't sleep at night. I"m wide awake all night. I think the patient needs to help this drug work better by helping yourself. Getting off other drugs as much as possible is HUGE. Drug interactions with Lucentis may not be all known as of yet. Lucentis is somewhat of a risk , so help yourself by taking at least 1-2 aspirins a day. Ask your doctor if you can. Get your weight off, get rid of all sugar. I found that loosing weight and NO SUGAR helps my vascular system work better. I have little edema as well, so I can tollerate Lucentis better. I was taking lots of Insulin and anti inflammatory drugs daily. This is all ready an overload over time. I was diadnosed as a diabetic when I was 15. I think this is why I have had a better result than many. Oh... and prayers help too. Get started.

Related Reading: Cellulitis | sleep | edema

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.