Lumigan User Reviews

Lumigan - User Reviews

Lumigan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lumigan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Disenchanted, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 06

While Lumigan has successfully controlled my eye pressure, the side effects are awful. I've experienced significant periorbital fat loss, particularly in the area at the bridge of my nose, giving me a hollowed out sickly look. There has also been significant skin discoloration in the same area as well as the orbital socket below my eyes, not easily covered by any cosmetics tried. My physician discontinued the drug, largely because of corneal concerns created by its use. My concerns have not only been as indicated above... things that might be considered cosmetic... but the number of times I've experienced an irregular heart rate, dizziness, the ever worsening consistent and painful dry eyes, and dry throat which causes me to occasionaly wake up gasping for breath. I was on this drug for over six months, and not quick to realize all these things happening were decidedly related to Lumigan.!

Related Reading: Lumigan | dizziness | dry eyes

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

My eye pressure was lowered within the first couple of weeks. It requires one drop a day in each of my eyes which is not a big deal to keep my sight. Lumigan, however, does cause your eyes to be red due the increase blood flow that it brings to your eyes. This has gotten better but I still have some redness most mornings.

Comment from: willmack38@msn.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 11

burning and like a foreign substance in eye

Comment from: ladeen, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 25

drops have lowered my eye pressure, grew longer lashes, on the down side have recently had severe dryness in nasal passages, moved to mouth and now my throat, wonder if this medication is responsible? Any others with this side effect?

Comment from: zagprice, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 17

My pressure went from 134 down to 114 after using it for one month.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

Works ok to lower pressure but side effects are bothersome. Lots of "floaters", feeling of things in the eyes and extreme dryness and blurred vision. This is my second eye drop to lower pressure and I am wondering if there are any that don't have the severe side effects.

Related Reading: floaters

Comment from: marymac, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 20

As a female using Lumigen for over two years a plus is longer,fuller eyelashes. Of course the most important thing is that it lowers the pressure in my eyes, (which was not highly elevated, thankfully.)

Comment from: Dave, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I used this medication as soon as it was available. Had red eyes most of the time and became very sensitive to light. Noticed weakness in hands and felt like I had the flu. After stopping and starting again the same thing happened. Used drug again after a period of trying something else. Had a painful feeling in fingers and toes, not as bad as gout but it was constant.

Related Reading: flu | gout

Comment from: boatman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 03

my pressure is totally under control and my eyelashes are wanted by all women!

Comment from: tworedgs@att.net, 75 or over (Patient) Published: June 17

My eyes are quite red And it is hard to see first thing in the morning until i have rinsed my eyes. Eyelashes are much longer and dark however my iop is 19 in one eye and 20 in the othet so I am not complaining.

Comment from: pebbo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 22

Daily headaches, eyes hurt and burn all the time.Makes me extremly moody from the pain.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.