Lunesta User Reviews

Lunesta - User Reviews

Lunesta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lunesta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

I've tried other sleep aids and this one is OK as tne next but it sure leaves a really bad taste in my mouth about 20 minutes after I take it. It's odd really - I only notice the bad taste if I drink something (even water tastes bitter) But it beats not sleeping!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

After 4 years (and several other medications) of only averaging 2-3 hours sleep every 2-3 days (Obviously omitting periods of extreme fatigue hospitaliztions when drug induced sleep was used). My Dr. told me to try the 3mg version of Lunesta. From the first day and for almost 3 months now I have averaged 7-9 hours sleep every day feeling totally refreshed and rested and with 10 times the energy I had before I started using it. I have experienced no detrimental side effects from it and contrary to one of the common side effects I now actually have a heightened sex drive because my body isn't completely exhausted.

Related Reading: fatigue | Lunesta

Comment from: purplern, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

If I take this RIGHT before bed, it does a fine job. If I take it more than 1/2 hour before bed, it is like I have not taken anything at all. My biggest complaint is that it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth that will last into the next day. I do like it over something like ativan because it does not make me feel "hungover" in the morning. If I have the required 7-8 hours to devote to sleep, I always feel very well rested in the morning.

Related Reading: ativan

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

Started taking lunesta after waking up 3 or 4 times a night and sometimes having difficulity falling asleep to begin with. Mind racing etc. Was feeling unrested and tired the next day before I started taking the meds. First prescribed ambien and could fall asleep but still woke up during the night. Prescribed lunesta 3mg and went to sleep quickly. sleep like a rock. 7 to 8 hours. Nothing wakes me up. I do wake up a little groggy but a nice cup of hot coffee fixes that. Don't know why everyone complains about the taste... not experiencing that. I do however wake up with and sometimes have a headache for a while after taking it. Sometimes for a day or 2.

Related Reading: ambien | headache

Comment from: J Elizabeth, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I suffered from insomnia for a year, then got pregnant and was breastfeeding so couldn't take anything for another two years. So for three years I probably managed 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I finally took Lunesta, took it just for a week (am very wary of developing any kind of habit or dependency on any drug), and my insomnia has been gone ever since. It was almost like sleeping on Lunesta for even just a brief period of a week rebooted my system and restarted my sleeping. I compare it to restarting your computer when it freezes. I had zero side effects, no grogginess, even when I couldn't get the whole eight hours because of my baby. My health insurance would only pay for Ambien, which I had tried a long time ago -- it didn't keep me asleep and it also made me really drowsy the next day -- so I opted to pay cash for Lunesta. It was well worth it. I write this review because I avoided trying sleeping pills for a long time because I either had bad experiences in the past or was concerned about not being able to sleep without it and becoming hooked. I write this review for those who share the same wariness -- you don't have to choose between becoming hooked on a drug or suffering from insomnia. Take Lunesta, stop your suffering (insomnia is so awful), and go back to enjoying life.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: glorybound, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 19

I've taken Lunesta for two years; it has worked wonderfully for me but lately the 3mg my dr. prescribed isn't putting me to sleep. I honestly thought my new bottle was placebo's. Maybe I am just becoming immune. Just too bad there isn't something out there to CURE chronic sleep problems!! It seems to be epedemic in proportion.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 01

I have taken Lunesta off and on for 2 years and it works wonderfully. Absolutely no side effects. My insurance has now said I must try generic Ambien. I have and I hate it! I feel groggy and fuzzy headed the entire next day even after 8 hours of sleep. With Lunesta I felt wide awake and refreshed even if I only slept 6 hours.

From WebMD