Lunesta User Reviews

Lunesta - User Reviews

Lunesta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lunesta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: donnaw, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been on Lunesta since the drug trials. I have gone from 3 mg per night, to 4.5 then last week 6 w/my dr's approval. I'm feeling very tired the next day. I guess I need to try something new. Already tried Ambien, neurontin and a bunch of others. Istarted using sleep meds about 7 years ago when I was only sleeping 3 or 4 hours per night.

Related Reading: neurontin

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

i had to try 3 other sleep meds before my insurance would allow me to get lunesta. i took it three nights in a row to get it in my system and now i only need to take it once or twice a week. the only bad thing is i sometimes get cotton mouth. other than that i wouldnt try anything else. it really helps shut my brain off when i am going to sleep.

Comment from: buttercup, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

It has left a nasty taste in my mouth and sinus from 20 min. from taking it until about 1pm the next day. I still wake up through out the night but have gotten better sleep in between waking up.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I would have a higher rating for it, but experiencing difficulty drinking water. The unpleasant taste does not seem to affect flavored drinks but makes water taste very tinny.

Comment from: nancybow, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

I have used Lunesta for about 3 years now for sleep issues. I have had no problems with sleep since taking it and I do not have the "hung over" feeling when I awake as I did with other prescriptions. Taking Lunesta has improved the quality of my life!

Comment from: LOVE LIFE & LIVE, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

I just started taking Lunesta for the first time yesterday 8-19-2011 and i was precribed this Med through a "Sleep Study" which i had recently.I've tried many sleeping meds for years "Ambien" "Dyphenhendramine"Rozerem"Amitriptiline"Doxepin"Temazapin"ect.And even though i took these sleeping meds and Over-The-Counter Drugs i must say that "Amitriptiline" worked really great without any next day drowsiness,but when i had increase my dose from 25mg to 50mg i knew that it was time to try something else to help me sleep alot longer then off and on every 2-3 hours at night.Trying Lunesta did leave a nasty taste for the first time but i just drank some grape juice and in eventually went away and also i slept alot longer and woke up refreshed the next morning which was terrific.I may continue to take this for a while and watch and see how my mind reacts to it,and who knows 5-6 hours of good sleep is alot better then 2-4 hours especially when you have something to do the next day.If you're taking other "Meds" for other conditions,check with your Pharmacy to see if this will lessen any side affects with others that you may take.And one more important thing not to do is drink and "Alchohol"drinks when taking this or any other because your body may produce all times of abnormal behaviors and thoughts plus you may not function like you would hop to.So be careful of that when taking any "Medication".And also since foods are filled with different types of chemicals as well like "Pesticides" "Colorings"and "Preservatives" to keep the shelflife longer,be aware that whatever you take can have all types of reactions to your body make-up.What ever you do,just be wise and do the wise thing for you to be yourelf using sound wisdom and intelligence.I hope this info has helped you to a point and also "Don't Take Any Kind Of Street Drug" with any prescribed or over-the-counter meds or you will most definitely expierience all sorts of "Side-Effects" or a short life. Take care of yourself :)

Related Reading: Rozerem

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I have had insomnia on and off for over 3 years. I've tried natural supplements and Ambien CR, neither of which worked. Now I'm on Lunesta 3mg and have no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Also, I feel rested when I wake up - not groggy at all. I haven't had any noticeable side effects either.

Related Reading: Ambien CR

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

Let me just tell you. I sleep now. Have been struggling with insomnia for years so hopefully I can take Lunesta as long as I need it. It took 2 nights for it to work. Now Lunesta puts me to sleep every night. I take half of a 3ml pill and yes the taste is bitter but oh so worth it. Thank you Lunesta:)