Lunesta User Reviews

Lunesta - User Reviews

Lunesta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lunesta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 123evansjr, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 10

I take Lunesta 3mg one at bedtime. All I can say is thank god for the green buterfly. LOL. It works better then any sleep aid out there and much better then Ambein. And it doesn't knock you out so bad to were you can't wake up plus it helps you stay asleep even if you have to wake up to go to the restroom in the middle of the night. The only down side is at first it will leave a nasty taste in your mouth but it does go away after time. Happy sleeping!

Comment from: sunkistbaby, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

This caused sleep driving where ambien was only causing sllep walking. Thought I was making a good move to help my condition, ended up with car crashed and in the ICU. I was perfectly fine except the concussion from hitting my head when I crashed my car. Apparently was going out for a BURGER at 3 am WHILE ASLEEP. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THESE MEDICATION WHILE UNATTENDED!!! NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO LIVE ALONE I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH. Things you would do in the normal course of the day that come natural you may do while sound asleep with amnesia for the episode. THIS IS NO JOKE!! Can be Great and Helpful, can also be very dangerous when sleep goes bad!!

Related Reading: concussion | STRESS

Comment from: Greg T, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 18

I took Lunesta for 1 1/2 years. Started at 2mg for 6 mos. until it stopped working. Then I was bumped up to 3MG for another 6 mos. The last 6 mos. I have been taking 4mg ( a 3mg and a split 2 mg. as per doctors orders) Last week they cut me off of my meds and I have had SEVERE withdrawals. eg: constant cramps and vomiting, NO SLEEP whatsoever. Bottom line ... This drug is not meant for a permanent solution for insomnia and after you have taken it as long as i have, when you quit you will suffer badly.

Comment from: supermom, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I have been taking Lunesta 1.5-3mg per night for about 5 years. Before Lunesta I tried every imaginable sleep aid out there...over-the-counter, natural and prescription inlcuding Ambien. Recently I tried Doxipen and Trazodone 25mg- 100mg, hoping that I could spend less money and also take care of some anxiety associated with peri-menopause. Still, none of these can compare to Lunesta for me. I finally am giving in to Lunesta! No more fighting it, I don't care that it is expensive...it is worth every penny to have a sleep med that works with no side effects for me. Everyone is different, but if you find the med that just works, take it and quit worrying about it! Good sleep priceless. Only you know what it is like to walk a mile in your shoes!

Related Reading: anxiety | menopause

Comment from: FMS girl, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 08

I used Ambien for awhile with horrible side effects. My MD switched me to Lunesta, I have had no adverse side effects (the bad taste side effect lasts on a short time). I have been on it for 2 years now and would not be able to have the quality of life I have if not for this medication.

Comment from: sphassl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

I was able to sleep, but it took a long time to get to sleep and if I woke up in the middle of the night I would start thinging about "things" and have a hard time going back to sleep. I didn't realize how much this was affecting me until I started to take Lunesta. Like others, I was sleepy-headed the next day, but only at first. No bad taste, and the best thing is that I have an increased energy level during the day. My mood is better and I'm even practicing more self-control with my eating and have dropped a little weight. Like I said, I never realized how much NOT getting a good night's sleep had affected me. I make a point to NOT take it once a week (thinking it will help my body take a break from the drug). I take 3mg. I like it.

Comment from: flamingosgalore, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

I have been taking zanax for sleep but it was very ineffective. My doctor put me on Lunesta and I get a full night's sleep and wake up feeling good, not groggy. I still get up in the middle of the night but I am able to go back to sleep.

Comment from: Sleepy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

Effective at first, but wanes over time. The bad taste in mouth should be expected within 30 minutes after taking the medication. The bad taste wears off eventually the next day. I do not recommend this medication because of the loss of short term memory and concentration that I have experienced.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

I can not eat any food that contains any fat for atlease 2 hrs before taking sleep aide, or the onset is very delayed and it has an elongated effect.