Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 11.25 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: annie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 18

I took this medication for a massive fibroid that had completely distorted my uterus and was larger than a grapefruit. The Lupron reduced the size of the tumor by 70% making laproscopic possible. I had one IM injection a month for 3 months...side effects were terrible but after having to get blood transfusions because of 45 day menstrual cycles it was all worth it. The side effects that I had included: hot flashes, nausea, insomnia (i slept for 16 hours total in 3 months), and muscle pain but after the meds stopped I started coming back to myself almost immediately however, i am still having some questionable nerve pain and pain from an enlarged liver? My Dr. made it clear from the beginning that this med would shock my body/mind into an instant menopausal state. Knowing this from the beginning helped to cope with the onset of the side effects. Even after all of the side effects, I would take this treatment again becaue of it's effectiveness. 45 day periods...lucky i'm not writing this from prison! Good Luck

Related Reading: tumor | insomnia | muscle pain

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

PLEASE READ THIS: I have stage 2 endometriosis and had 2 Laparoscopies. I have growth on my uteris, blatter, ovaries, falopian tubes, basically all over. Lupron was like a last resort because of all the warnings against it. But no b.c's worked and my doc wouldnt precribe pain meds(I wish he could feel what I felt!)So after only the first couple months on Lupron, I've gone from being active and healthy- to now feeling like I have the body of an 80yr old. My back constantly hurts, my knees ache, I get hot flashes which is humiliating, and the most terrifying one is that I'm starting to have some short term memory loss. I'm only 23 and I feel like I ruined my life by taking this medicine. I'm stopping this med, I'd rather suffer and see what life has in store for me and try alternative methods of relief, than take another shot of that ever again! To those taking it, I hope you don't experience what I did; to those who are in similar situations, I wish you the best and I hope you feel better once off the drug. And just a strong caution to those considering taking this. I hope this helps atleast one person :)

Comment from: Rachael , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

I've had endo for over 15 years/ 3 laperoscopies- I would say a severe case. I have been on long term pain mngmnt for it as well just to function at my job. It took my doc almost a year to convince me on this shot. I admit it did what it was intended to do. I only did the 3 month shot - which should've worn off in the last 2 wks or so. I'm back on Lybrel - year round BCP now - due to the shot side effects. I have a new found side effect for menopausal women who don't have the choice to stop side effects. The name "hot flash" doesn't do it justice. Feeling your being microwaved from the inside out and not knowing how long it will last - excruciating! It can't be good for your body to have such dramatic constant body temp spikes. It's like you can't regulate your temp. After reading your stories I am now able to link the other side effects - swelling, migraines as I am weaning off, mood swings/less sex drive. Anxiety for sure - If your taking this to treat long term endo - I'm sure you agree it's worth it if done short term to stop the pain & bleeding, not to mention the literal damage you do to your femal organs EVERY time you cycle. I use to think after I have kids I want a hysterectomy so I don't have to deal w/ endo nemore. I now know that I will do whatever it takes to supress my cycles and keep my plumbing as long as possible so that I don't have these hot flashes!! Your stories have helped me immensely and I hope my story will someone also. Hang in there - keep in mind why your on it, and know that (for the most part) your doc is doing this because the side effects beneficially outweigh the condition for your overall health and well being. Good luck to all :)

Related Reading: Lybrel | Anxiety

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

My doctor recommended this drug as a treatment for my numerous fibroids and prolonged/extremely heavy, painful periods (I had been having a light,constant flow for 6 months interspersed with weeks of heavy, painful flow). I was very hesitant to try this drug after reading the reviews on this site. But I decided I could not continue on living the way I was and went for it. I could not be happier! After two weeks, my period FINALLY stopped. It has been a month and a half since my 1st injection and the only side-effect I've had is occasional, mild hot flashes.

Comment from: BlueHedgehog, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I took one dose of Lupron for endometriosis, and it not only excaserbated my condition, but severely messed up my mood. I had a mildly heavy period for the whole three months, horrible cramps (worse than when I was off it), and it relapsed my depression. I told my doctor I had mood issues, and he assured me Lupron would not affect my mood. Boy was he wrong: I fell into one of my deepest depressions to date, becoming listless, hopeless, and suicidal--I almost got hospitalized twice while on it. Three days after my dose wore off and I switched to a new medication, my period and cramps stopped (well, mostly) and my depression cleared. IF YOU HAVE ANY HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, OR OTHER MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL TAKING LUPRON!!!

Related Reading: depression | MENTAL HEALTH