Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 11.25 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: escottt, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

There are side effects that you should discuss with doctor. For prostate treatment, I understand "flare" can be reduced be preceding treatment with Casodex. I had pain around site of 2nd injection, which went away after a few days. Fatigue is main side effect now.

Related Reading: Casodex

Comment from: ShannyQ, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

After reading the reviews I did not want to take this drug. It took me months of speaking with my doctor and husband before I decided to go for it. I have endometriosis, i've had 2 laparoscopic surgeries in the last 3 years. Im taking Lupron Depot 11.25 mg injection + Add-back and I FEEL GREAT! I have no more pain. After several months I still haven't noticed any side effects, I am going about my life better than before.

Related Reading: Lupron Depot 11.25

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 27

For years I had excruciating menstrual pain. Late last year I was told I have endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy early February but to my surprise I still had horrible pain. My OBGYN suggested lupron. I am always tired, moody, super sensitive, extra emotional, become depressed at times, have constant headaches, experience hot flashes day and night constantly (to the point of no sleep!), gained weight and sex drive is gone! The pill given to reduce side effects only effects hot flashes. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG. Do your research and you will find may articles about the long term effects and the may lawsuits filed against this drug.

Comment from: missemt1117@comcast.net, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

I used this medication for endometriosis. I just got the first shot two days ago, and I already know that I will not get the second one. The pain I was living with before is way better than the side effects I am going through now. Chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, muscle pain. I feel like every muscle in my body is tearing itself apart and somebody is stabbing me in the chest. I called my dr office and so far, no response. It seems to me like these are some of the side effects they dont tell you about before you get the shot.

Related Reading: Chest pain | dizziness

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

I took this and had severe side effects, mood swings, depression, bleeding off and on with heavy cramping. Severe chest pain too. Also had severe acne. Never had any acne in my life.Told Dr. of problems and she just blew them off. Said I had to continue with the full 6 month treatment. Had last shot in Dec. Full blown period 2 weeks later with the most severe cramping I've ever had.Also having severe depression and thoughts of sucide. Would absolutly not recommend this to anyone. Worst mistake I ever made. Please stay away from this medication.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: lupron depot (3 month), 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

I am 35 years old and recently underwent laproscopic surgery to remove endometriosis scar tissue. My obgyn suggested the 3 month injection. I was very reluctant after reading some of the reviews. However, was told that since I was very active, I would probably not experience any of the symptoms. Since April, my quality of life has suffered tremendously. I experienced body aches and pain, hot flashes/night sweats, mood changes, depression and extreme fatigue! My three month treatment is over now and I have yet to start my cycle. My doctor has given me a boost of progesterone in hopes of reversing the drug. I cannot stress enough...please think twice before taking this drug. It has a horrible experience!

Related Reading: night sweats | stress

Comment from: LDavila, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I am a 38-year-old woman who for over five years was misdiagnosed by the many doctors. My coworker referred me to her GYN in 2008. In July 2008 I made an appt to see her. Immediately just based on the symptoms my doctor diagnosed me with Endometriosis. To confirm she ran all the necessary test. She discussed with me my options, and I opted for a partial hysterectomy. I already had three children and we were not having anymore. Because of my workload it was done in December 2008. Once I had my hysterectomy she gave me some options that would help prolong Endometriosis from returning. She was upfront and honest regarding the side effects. Her concern was that since I suffer from Migraines they would be induced. She gave me a 1-month shot first. I did get more headaches than usual but agreed to take the three-month dosage when the next shot was due. In order to help with some of the side affects my doctor also prescribed Norethindrome Acet Tab 5MG Generic for Aygestin Tabs and this has really helped minimize the side affects. Mood swings aren't an issue because I am on Sarafem 10 mg. Hope this helps ladies.

Related Reading: Aygestin | Sarafem