Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 11.25 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I recently had a laprascopy and a d&c due to having severe endometriosis. I just had the Lupron shot on Friday. I am already having muscle spasms, battling sleep, chills, sweats, etc....I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier this year and with the shot, I feel like this is bringing all of the fibro symptons back! I finally had that under control until I started having major cramping and bleeding (even though I was on the pill). I want to go ahead with the hysterectomy, but due to my age, I have to go through this first. After all that I have reasearched on several websites, I will not due another shot. This one is a 3 month, so I am not sure how the next few months will be. I am ready to get through this and get better. I have 2 kids and would rather have the hysterectomy and get back to feeling "normal". I am still having a lot of pain and it's very difficult to have my dr understand that I am not seeking pain pills, just want something to help make me comfortable and get through work and try to spend time with my family without complaining of how much pain I am in. Giving birth to my kids was not as bad as this! Please do all the research you can and stick to your guns if you don't want to take it! Make your doctor listen!

Related Reading: muscle spasms | Fibromyalgia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 07

Thanks to all previous reviewers-it's not just me! I took 3 months of injections to slow my extremely heavy periods and to shrink numerous large fibroid tumors. This treatment was an option given to me since my doctor would not give me a hysterectomy while on blood thinners. I have experienced those overwhelming hot flashes (where you're burning up from the inside out), night sweats/chills (causing insomnia and extreme fatique), unbelieveable pain and swelling in the hands, arms, legs, ankles and soles of feet that I walk like an 90 yr old, huge mood swings and deep depression. I experienced unexpected bleeding since the lst shot in June and had to settle for wearing feminine hygiene products every day since as a precaution. I would not recommend that women take this medication (which is used to treat advanced prostate cancer in men) to treat "other" coditions due to the side effects. It's too late for me, but maybe someone else will benefit from this information. I now have to suffer through the upcoming months wondering when my cycle will suddenly come back, while continuing to wear precautionary pads to avert another embarrassing moment.

Related Reading: prostate cancer

Comment from: colabear65, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 06

I've never been so hot in my life. The hot flashes are downright overwhelming! When the hot flashes start, I get weak and light-headed, my pulse starts racing and I feel like I'm being smothered. I find it hard to concentrate at work because of the constant onset of the hot flashes. I'm not sleeping well because I'm so hot. I keep on of those gel ice paks on my night stand and usually wake up in the morning with it on my chest. Sadly though, by the time morning comes, the ice pak is no longer cold; it's usually warm to the touch because I'd used it during the course of the night. I also purchased a 'chill pillow' via the internet. I put that one under my pillow or between my mattress and my memory foam topper. It helps when I'm falling asleep, but has the same effect as the chill pillow...by the time I wake up, it's warm to the touch. No more periods though...so far, so that's good. And my fibroids are shrinking so I'm not as uncomfortable in the abdomen area as I was when I started the treatment. GOOD LUCK LADIES!

Comment from: Ran, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 06

Is it normal to not get a period for months after. I only took it once for endrometriosis... It didn't help. I got the shot in August and haven't had one since and no period.