Lupron Depot 3.75 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 3.75 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tcolley, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 07

I took Lupron for 6 months(last shot Feb 2007.) I am still having side effects from the drug.Dr told me the drug could possibly stay in my system for 3 years. My pain has began to come back and most side effects are fading except headaches, fatigue, and most of all loss of sex drive. I had just got married when I started the 6 month series and I thought I would be better by now but things are still not any better. I would not recommend this treatment to anyone, it is not worth it!!!

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Francis, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

I had a laparoscopy because I was not able to get pregnant and the Dr. discovered moderate endometriosis. He immediately put me on Lupron for 6 months. I was already depressed because of the two years of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant. Lupron made the depression deepen severely. I also had the late day headaches (which were crushing), insomnia (for the first time in my life), and most of the other menopause symptoms to some degree. My doctor put me on a low dose HRT and that helped the headaches. I did not get pregnant after I finished the 6 month of Lupron and have now moved on to a fertility specialist. If your main issue is infertility, please go see a good infertility doctor before you try Lupron. You may be able to avoid this treatment. It's rough. I would not take it again.

Related Reading: infertility

Comment from: tdy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

i've been on this drug for 2 months, i've had nothing but bad times with it. my depression got worse, mood swings out of control. my husband of 20 years is so worried about me that he won't leave me alone, for fear i may kill myself. i'm 38 and can't wait for my dr to take it ALL out! he doubled my prozac and put me on hormones to try to "make me feel better". it hasn't happend yet! i guess i'll have to go see him again, spend MORE money, just to be told that nothing else can be done.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

After three weeks into the injection I have begun to experience mood swings, headaches, as of yet my period has not come.

Comment from: itworksforme, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

Lupron Depot 3 month 11.25mg has been remarkable. Before the shot, I was experiencing flooding menstral cycles and bleeding everyday until the next flooding. I had intense preasure in my uterus. Sept 8th. 2010 I had a hemmorage that caused me to lose pints of blood. I was diagnosed with fibroid tumors larger then grapefruits. My uterus was the size of being 5 months pregnant. I am 49 years old. I am hoping 2 rounds of this drug will put me in permanent menopause. My second dose will be Jan 4th. 2011. It has been a little over a week since I received this drug. The next morning the pain was almost gone. I has lost alot of weight especially through my middle and I no longer look pregnant. I have had some warm spells and some strange symptoms from time to time but nothing major. My bleeding has decreased to occasional spotting. I expect it to stop altogether. It has given me my life back.

Related Reading: Lupron Depot

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

I am on my third round of 6 month injections since 2006 and it does not work. It is not worth the side effects and the ER visits. I think it should be pulled off the market.