Lupron Depot 7.5 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 7.5 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 7.5 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 7.5 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Angie, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

I have just taken my 3rd Lupron shot. I am 30 years old (with two little boys) and at times feel I am in an 80 year old body. I have always been a very active person. I am working with one of the best doctors. The side effects have been absolutely horrible. My doctor has been treating the side effect with medication which entails 9 different pills twice daily. My side effects consist of joint pain in my ankles, knees and wrists; weakness in my legs which makes it hard to walk up stairs. When I exercise or even vaccum I get realy dizzy. I feel at times my muscles are not there. My anxiety and depression has started to increase. As an instructor at a college I tend to forget allot of things while I am teaching. After the second month I did have releif from the pain caused from the endometriosis. I am pretty much trying to suck it up. My pain before the Lupron was severe, I couldn't sleep, I was so tired, physically I couldn't do the simple things like cleaning house it was too painful. Now I can do the normal things but I have to take breaks and sit after about 45 minutes or I will have severe back pain and then my legs will start to hurt. IF I cannot get through this shot I will be having a hysto. I am hoping this will be helpful to everyone that is thinking of doing the Lupron shot. When making the decision I think it depends on the severity of your pain. Because you get to a point you just want the pain to go away.

Related Reading: Lupron | anxiety | depression

Comment from: Loving Wife, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

I had Endometriosis for 9 years, since I was 20 years old, and during those years dcts in several states prescribed me every kind of pain killer imaginable..I hated that, I felt like I was dependent on those things. None of those dcts took my pains serious. So once I started the Lupron shot Dec 08, I have had nothing but success. I have had the hot flashes, mood swings, low sex drive,no period(not complaining about that one) but all of those are worth it to be pain free! I am in my last 3 months,just got a 3 mo shot, and so far I have been very satisfied. The pain stopped almost instantly after the second shot. As of right now I am very happy with the results, I just hope things continue once this is out of my system. I recommend anyone who has dealt with pain for as long as I have, to at least try it. You wont know how it effects you until you try, it effects everyone differently. Good luck and I hope this helped.

Related Reading: Endometriosis | hot flashes

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 02

I was on lupron for six months. Only side effect was hot flashes, which were SO much easier to deal with than the previous debilitating pain. My periods completely stopped. I loved it, loved it, loved it!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

The first few months on this were extremly rough for me. Then again I was 16 and going through a chemically enduced menopause. I missed out on a lot of things that normal teenage girls get to do, until my doctor suggested this. I was scared but since I was on Lupron I haven't had any signs of the endometriosis again. I was on it for a year and a half.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: khiggie, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

After having multiple ovarian cysts, 2 laparoscopies, finding stage IV endo, and having a tube and ovary removed my Dr felt that putting me on the Lupron would be the best thing for me. I have been trying to have children for years with no success. My doctor who performed my last surgery and recommended this drug to me is also a reproductive specialist. He was VERY informative as to what the side effects of this drug are and how my body MAY react. I could tell he was very informed. He let me know that women who have gone through the same procedures as I, then taken this drug, have a much higher success rate for becomming pregnant. I took the shot for 4 months, just ending in September of 2009. During this time I experienced little to no side effects. I prepared myself for the worst, but hoped for the best. No hot flashes, very few mood swings, no depression...however, I did experience slight weight gain. I honestly feel that if you know what you are getting into with the Lupron, that you can control some of the effects...you know WHY this is happening, which to me made it easier. I am now over a month past my last shot and am still feeling great. I have absolutely nothing negative to say in regards to Lupron. I feel that this has been just the start to my wonderful future. I wish everyone luck who takes Lupron, and can only hope that your experience will be as pleasant as mine has been.

Related Reading: ovarian cysts

Comment from: endoforyears, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

My first injection was on oct. 2009, the same day I took it I almost threw up!! I have had night sweats, mood swings, severe depression, real bad memory loss, and I just fell down a flight of stairs over the weekend. I hate this drug and have been doing research and found that there has been some deaths on FDA.gov website, and most of the reviews I read have not been good. I just dont feel like myself and have been very spacey and hard to concentrate. Sex suxs~!!

Related Reading: night sweats