Lupron Depot 7.5 mg User Reviews

Lupron Depot 7.5 mg - User Reviews

Lupron Depot 7.5 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot 7.5 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jean, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 28

Lupron was given to me over 3 years ago.I lost my job, used my retirement, my cobra expired. I am in debt since I was hospitalized. Self pay is charged more than double. I had so much due to my hard work and this has been taken away from me.Now I have bill collectors calling me and I find that very difficult, my family never had to deal with a collection agency.I have lived with terrible bone and joint pain everyday due to this poison that was put in my system. I don't believe the doctor read his PDR about this drug and had only relied on what the sales person told him when he got the free drugs.To make it even more painful, I have been told it is all in my head by a surgeon, another doctor told me I have a mood disorder.Many other women have heard things like that from other doctors. Tap the maker of this drug owes me for the over three years and my medical bill plus my retirement. They had reps out in the field not telling the truth about the drug.NOw over three years later doctors are starting to tell the truth about this drug.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

I have been on this drug for 2 months now. I choose to take this drug hoping that it would stop the abdominal pain that I have been suffering from do to the Endometriosis. It seems to be helping but it has been hard to determine. The side effects have been living hell! I have been suffering through constant hot flashes, headaches, mood swings, depression, weight gain, insomnia, joint pain, lack of energy, lack of appetite, inflammation and dryness that causes sex to be painful (which was the main problem with the Endo...), dizziness, and horrible short term memory. I am hoping that I will be pain free in 4 more months or this will have been a huge mistake. Wish me luck.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | insomnia | dizziness

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

Was tired of being in pain all the time. I was recommended to start medication until my scheduled Full- Hyst. After the first dose... Started my period 3 days later, that lasted for 16-17 days. I aquired extreme side effects. Bad joint/ muscle pain, continuing headaches, irritability, loss of appetite, Hot/cold flashes, trouble sleeping/staying asleep, vivid dreams. I only took 1x and have not returned for more. Has been 1 1/2 mths since then, still feeling it all. I would rather deal with pain, then side effects. Can't wait for the Hysto! Please be careful. Especially cost! Not paying $1,000.00+ to feel worse!

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: LauraRN, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 01

I feel absolutely HORRIBLE on this drug. I just got my 2nd shot 3 days ago and have been so depressed that I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. I was on Lupron once before but because of side effects stopped after one shot. I feel nauseous, restless, irritable, tired and I have severe cramps that feel like mild labor pains. I would rather put up with the discomfort of endometriosis than feel like this every day, all day. My mood swings are awful. I don't know how I make myself go to work everyday because I can't concentrate when I'm there. I will NOT get my 3rd shot. I just want to feel normal again. It's affecting my family and social life, also. Please only use this drug as a last resort. I would rather have surgery once a year than feel like this.

Comment from: Kate, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I started to take this knowing all of the side effects i studied it extensively through the internet, nursing and pharmacology books. It was just getting hard to do somethings so i gave in to having the shot 3.25mg. I also started Prozac 20mg at the same time given by my family MD to counterbalance the depression, i was most worried about that. First month a little worse mostly hot flashes like crazy. Second month pain pretty much gone still side effects third month even better.. started hormones also helped with the hot flashes fourth shot did not even start to work. I told my doctor that it didnt even feel like it kicked in and he said i was prob right it wasnt strong enough. So i got another 3.25mg that day which did not work either. and he is ordering the 7.5mg for this week. I am not sure when i go to the office if i am going to get that one. I quit taking my prozac because i was kinda numb.... and had lost all sex drive, that has gotten a tiny bit better.... But in reality my mass of endo (where it all started feels bigger i can feel it in my abd). and the pain is still there. I am hoping he will do laproscopy soon just to get the big mass out even. Only doing this so i can have more children. He said this is all from my C section! I don't feel like me though soo only one more shot and i am done with the lupron i wanna feel like me i can handle the pain if i have to.....

Related Reading: Prozac

Comment from: justagirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I had the worse endometriosis bout on file it was surrounding my liver. I was in so much pain I would pass out and not remember what happened. I was on the drug for 12 months first for six after the surgery than the pill for 3 months then back on lupron for another six. I have been pain free the whole time and now it has been almost five months and I am pregnant. Doctors always told me I could never get pregnant and after the surgery I really believed they were right. Just goes to show you your body can do anything and doctors may not always be right. Miracles can and do happen!

Related Reading: liver