Lupron Depot User Reviews

Lupron Depot - User Reviews

Lupron Depot User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron Depot sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BNone, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 31

My Gleason 6 & 7 (2 spots in prostate) but told I had early malignancy. This one 4 month inj. did lower my PSA from 1.7 to .06, however, I felt tired after the 2nd month. When I finally started checking my BP during those times, my Blood pressure was tanking. This happened several times during each day, going from 81/52 to 72/44, 60/40, 62/43, 71/46 and then back to near 107/68 which is still not normal for me (133/80). Webb MD mentions abnormally low BP as rare side effect, however, we could not find a doctor who had ever heard of hypotension as a side effect. I am dizzy, blurred vision, weak/faint during these episodes. It has restricted my activities totally. When I do anything that requires stooping/bending I have an episode. Has anyone else checked their BP during their weak/fainting episodes? Could be low BP. How long does lupron stay in the system as I am 6 months past the one injection and still having Low BP, hot flashes, blurred vision, tiredness dizziness, etc? There was a Heart Attack/stroke warning added by the FDA last October. I wonder what caused that to be added at such a late date.

Related Reading: fainting | lupron | Heart Attack

Comment from: aggimo62, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 02

my husband had prostate removed 1993 and is now 72 years old. he had stage 4 cancer. since taking the lupron injections he has had some unexplained episodes of intermitant head pain (shooting shocks he calls them) that last from an hour to a day. he also began having seriously high fevers, 103-104, and non responsiveness that got him to the ER several times. does this sound familiar to anyone else? we need help.

Comment from: georgyporgy123, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

went from getting up 10 times at night to only once and several slept through 6 hrs.

Comment from: Cal, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 10

I've taken these injections 4 times in the past. In June 2010 my PSA was 0.2; went down to 0.1 after 4 months; went down to non-readable after 4 months; went up to 0.2 again this month (June 2011). Originally, prior to treatment of radiation (about 12 years ago), my PSA was 9.6.

Comment from: yah, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 26

I was diagnosed with endometriosis. The side effects of this medicne began after 3 days and progressively got worse. My mood swings effected my family and my work. I feel like I am demented and everything I do is a frustrating task that I cannot complete. I am only on my second shot and cannot stand whats happening.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: boiler man, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

I just received my first injection on 8-11-11 and also started casodex 50mg the same day.

Comment from: dereksbaby926, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

My experience with this medicine has been horrific to say the least. But according to my insurance company I had to try certain things before they would say okay, a histerectomy is obvious since the patient has had no success. I am 3 shots in, due for my 4th on the 16th which i will not be taking. My Dr has me set up for a 6 month shot therapy. I was hospitalized 6/6/11 due to severe right flank pain , nausea, migraines. My pain was so severe that it had become unbearable. Well here it is the 11th & have been diagnosed with IBS, erosive gastritis, & these shots threw my body into menapause. They're hoping I'll be able to go home tomorrow. I've been on a liquid diet because when I would eat within 10-15 minutes everything I ate would come right back up. So I have to be able to eat so I can go home. They're taking me off the Lupron shots & now I have IBS to deal with for the rest of my life. I'm not necessarily wanting to have surgery, I just want to my happy go lucky positive self, be 'me' again. I haven't felt like me for a few months. It has been by the grace of God himself that I made it as far as I have dealing with all this pain & misery. It will also be by the grace of God himself that I will overcome this with the help of my doctors to keep me from living with the pain of endometriosis.

Related Reading: gastritis

Comment from: MJ, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

Had severe endometriosis-pain was excruciating. First month on depot lupron pain was almost gone....the second and third months the pain was gone but the side effects were quite uncomfortable..much better than the endometriosis but still bad. Hot flashes lasting about 10 minutes where I felt dizzy and my chest felt heavy...and the worst was sleeplessness

Cancer