Lupron User Reviews

Lupron - User Reviews

Lupron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lupron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Yakitrog, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

I have experienced a lot of fatigue, a headache lasting a couple days, an upset stomach/diarrhea in the evenings, and mildood swings.No symptoms that were major and nothing that made me want to stop taking the mediciation. It is part of my IVF cycle/treatment and I will only need to be on this medication for about 10-15 days. 3-4

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Lucy, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 27

This will be my second 6 month round of treatment for endometriosis. I lost my right ovary about 1 1/2 years ago and had my last shot October 2010. The symptoms have now come back, but even worse. I really loved being on the Lupron, no menstural cycle for 6 months and the night sweats and hot flashes were not that bad. This has really worked well for me.

Comment from: wcusic@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 08

Questionable effectiveness after 3 treatments (9 months) withexternal radiation PSA is rising again. Side effects (bone density loss, weight gain, various metobolistic anonomalies) i would not take it again

Comment from: thabel1131, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 08

After a radical prostatectomy and my PSA increased somewhat. My Dr said there maybe some stray cancer cells present. I took the 3 month injection 09/01/09 and my life has been pure misery since. Went back to Dr and he advised me my PSA was >0.01 so would not need another injection. Told him would never take again my body and mind might not survive. I have been a paraplegic for 25 years and this med robbed me of most of my muscle strength. The bone pain in areas where I had no sensation is getting unbearable. The pain has caused many changes in mood and interaction with friends and family. I have also lost motivation for basic everyday task.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: sjskt3, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

Currently on my second week of taking the drug as part of an IVF cycle. Up to now, the only side effects I have experienced are night sweats and a few moderate headaches but nothing more than that.

Comment from: Valdez73, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

Lupron makes me weak to the point where I cannot walk more than 100 paces. I get out of breath doing the simplest household things. It's hard for me to stand for more than 20 minutes. When I accidentally miss the Lupron shot, I feel strong and can walk much further and do many simple chores without tiring. My attitude is improved; I am more optimistic and cheerful. I dislike the drug intensely but it keeps my PSA down to about 24. I seem to have no other choice. I want to stop it but if I do I know my bone mets will increase. I am trying to work out a schedule where I don't have to get the Elgard every 4 weeks. Perhaps every 6 weeks would work as well. I am extremely sensitive to meds and take much lower doses than prescribed of many other meds and they work as well. I will reduce the Elgard to every 5 weeks and then every 6 weeks and perhaps every 7 weeks if my PSA doesn't go much higher.

Cancer