Lutera User Reviews

Lutera - User Reviews

Lutera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lutera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mparge821, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

The only draw back is that I got horrible headaches. But, overall, I have been satisfied with Lutera as a birth control. But always use a condom anyway!

Related Reading: Lutera | birth control

Comment from: Lindsey, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been on Lutera for a year now, and it has been very effective. For the first few months I was really moody and I had odd periods, but now everything has worked out. I do not cramp as bad on my periods, and I bleed a lot less. I have had no major side effects, and my acne has actually been reduced since I began taking it.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: AmyMarie, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 25

Ihave been on 3 different types of birth control for "21" years! I started when I was 18 to control my periods with Ortho-Novumm 7-7-7. In my 20's I tried the Depo shot and it worked well with and was convenient but expensive. Now that I am getting older, I am on Lutera and have been for over a decade and it is considered a ver low dos pill. The less estrogen as you get older, the better. The benefits I have experienced is very light periods that last only 2-3 days, no serious side-effects and the only thing that happens to me to let me know that my period is due is that I get a slight headache (not major). I will contiue on Lutera until my doctor says it is time to change or until menopause sets in. I'm very happy with it!

Related Reading: headache | menopause

Comment from: theosuperstar, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

I have always had trouble taking birth control pills until now. Lutera is awesome! I have zero side effects other than losing 20 lbs. of weight with no dieting. My body transformed immediately. Sex drive is still very good and no more mood swings.

Comment from: Fabulous so Fabulous, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

I've only been on this BCP for a week. My doctor prescribed this bc only to control my period which I hate with a passion.So far the only thing I have experienced is a light headache and maybe a little itching discomfort. I have read more negatives than positives about this drup however, everybody body is different. So I write a review after the first month and tell yall if I like Lutera or not.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: mbard, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

I've been on Lutera for the past 19 months and have had no problems with generally. I did go up a cup size and have had breast tenderness. My biggest concern is the fact that I do not get my period hardly at all anymore. I simply spot or nothing at all during my placebo pills. My doctor said that this can be normal and as long as I've been taking it correctly there isn't any risk of pregnancy. I'd still like to have my period for confirmation that I'm not pregnant though...

Related Reading: breast | pregnancy

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Severe headaches approximately 19 hours after taking. 10 day periods

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

I would recommend staying away from this pill. I was switched to it from yaz and have had problems since day one. I began bleeding every 2 weeks and now I have had my period for over 2 weeks. I went to the doctor and they said nothing was wrong with me, but the dose was too low. So now I am being switched off of it to Low-Ogestrel. Hopefully, it works better than Lutera.

Related Reading: yaz | Low-Ogestrel