Lutera User Reviews

Lutera - User Reviews

Lutera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lutera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I have used this medication for about 4 1/2 years. I have had no significant problems with the medication. My cycle has been very regular, it has been lighter and currently is only 3 lite days. I haven't had weight gain or the moody symptoms that others have mentioned. I am pleased with Lutera and will continue to use it.

Comment from: donthaveone, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 16

I've taken it for atleast a year or two, and so far so good. My breasts are sore a lot of the time, I'd say about a few weeks out of the month, which sucks when I'm running or when my husband wants to be a little rough with me, but I don't mind it that much. I have had bleeding every once in a while during sex, I heard it's not because of Lutera but just because birth control pills in general do that. Doesn't really bother me since it only happens on rare occasions and isn't too much. I have been moody with anxiety and mild depression, but I don't know if that's because of my past or lutera. I've been on the patch and another pill (don't remember which) before, and these are way better than both. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: Lutera, 19-24 (Patient) Published: November 05

I began taking Lutera about 2 years ago after switching from a different generic BC. Ive noticed that the week before my period i'm more emotional than when I was on other brands of birth control. Also, I tried to skip my period one time by starting the next pack early (dr said it was ok) and ended up spotting on and off for 2 months and then didnt get my period at all for a month.

Comment from: Jas2011, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

Lutera has worked mostly well: my periods have been lighter, my skin remains clear, and I'm not pregnant. However, I have been experiencing severe mood swings, depression, and trouble sleeping (nightmares and trouble staying asleep). I feel tired during the day, and unmotivated, when I'm usually an optimistic, outgoing person. I started taking this pill in September, and figured I'd give it at least 3 months for my body to get used to it, before I decided to switch. It is now December, and I feel the depression and trouble sleeping is getting worse, not better. I will be meeting with my doctor next week to discuss an alternative. To be fair, I will add that with every medication I've been on (besides birth control), I've experienced the "rare but serious side effects", so please give it a try before you reject it because of my (or others') experience.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: Bosslady, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 17

I took Luthera for 4 years after i had my first baby, I was satisfied. I stopped taking it, had another baby and started Luthera asap but after a year I started feeling cranky, spotting, my body ached and I had no sex drive at all. I got off it and after the withdrawls I felt great. 3 months later I decided to go on it again and a month later had the same horrible symptoms!! Now I am looking for something better!!

Comment from: xmsstayzx, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 01

If you want a birth control that will make you insane AND LOOSE EVERYTHING this is the one for you. I was on if for about 9 months I did not get pregnant but, The moodswings got worse and worse as the months went by... by about the 9th month I was feelin suicidal with racing thoughts I almost lost my relationship ive ruined relationships with friends over FLIPPING out on this drug and I could have damn near lost my job...I felt sick all the time...aches pains... I gained 15 LBS and needless to say im back on nuva ring id rather loose my hair then my mind! DONT TAKE THIS PLEASE!!! THIS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM PHARMACYS IMEDIATELY!

Comment from: Melissa, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been on this pill for 18 months. Previously I had been on orhto tricyc low. I asked my doctor for a milder pill. I had terrible side effects from ortho like moodiness, weight gain, appetite increase. So far lutera has been a god send

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been taking lutera for about 2 years now to prevent pregnancy and better control my period. it has been very effective at both. however, i have not seen any improvement in acne and tend to be slightly more moody.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

Every since I started Lutera, i have experienced on going breast tenderness, shortness of breathe, numbness of hands, pains in my arms, and severe cramping. I wish the manufacture never changed products. My previous BC was a gem, now I feel like something is really wrong. Diffenately will be changing BC ASAP.