Lutera User Reviews

Lutera - User Reviews

Lutera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lutera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SisiC, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 17

I have been on Lutera for a little over a year. The first month I was really moody and sad, everything made me want to cry but it went away about halfway through my second pack. It's obviously effective since I'm still baby free but its made me gain a lot of weight and nothing I do seems to help me lose it. I went from 115 lbs to 140. I gained weight in places I never used to like my thighs hips and sides. I went up two bra sizes as well. I think I'm probably going to switch. I know there has to be something better for me out there

Comment from: nursingstudent, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 15

This is my first time using any form of contraception and I am so fully satisfied with the way Lutera has worked for me. I have not had any strange side effects at all except some breakthrough bleeding/spotting in the first 3 weeks and that was only when I would have sexual intercourse. This is my fourth month using it and will continue to do so for as long as I need to.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 22

I have been on Lutera for three months now. The first month was fine. I has slight nausea, but it would go away by the end of the morning. The problems started when I continued to take Lutera in my second and third month. I have experienced severe bloating, nausea, low sex drive, nightmares, insomnia, and moodiness. My breasts, however, have enlarged and my acne has cleared. I will be switching soon.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: china doll, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

At first when i started taking lutera i had acne really bad. But since its in my system its ok. I dont have acne anymore, which is a plus. My breast are bigger, that i like. But they are so sore. And it makes me fill like i'm pregnant.

Published: March 20

I've been taking Lutera for almost two years now. It was great in the beginning, had no side effects but now in the past six months things have gone downhill. I have awful headaches multiple times a week, am tired all the time, and sex is incredibly painful at times. Worst of all, I'm getting my period every other week. So twice a month, regardless of what week I'm at in my pack. The only good thing for me about Lutera is that it's effective and doing its job.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I have been taking Lutera for going on 4 months now, and so far it has been very easy to use, and I have only had mild symptoms from it. I have trouble swallowing pills, so I like the fact that Lutera is a very small pill. As far as symptoms are concerned, I've noticed that I have slightly more frequent mood swings before my period, which in my case means more crying than usual, but nothing unmanageable. Overall, I'm happy with Lutera so far.

Comment from: twinkie, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 06

The pill works very well i have been taking it for 6 months now, my face looks great it cleared up since i started taking them no breakouts, the only slight problem is i have been feeling breast tenderness other than that it works just fine.

Comment from: jam, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 13

I've been on Lutera for about 4 months now, and I love it. I used to be on Ortho tri cyclen, but with that I started eating more and was very emotional, so I stopped. I think Lutera is great, my acne has cleared up, my periods are shorter, I'm not gaining weight, everything is normal!