Luvox CR User Reviews

Luvox CR - User Reviews

Luvox CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Luvox CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: HHughes, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

This is an update to my previous post. I have mixed feelings about this drug. I was able to notice solid results very quickly. The side effects were acceptable at first. Then I started waking up at 2 or 3 AM and could never get a complete night of sleep. I stopped taking it for a week or so and discussed it with my doctor. She was willing to offer another drug to try or gave me the option to try Luvox again. I chose the latter option since the drug had been so effective and I thought the side effects might lessen over time. My doctor never mentioned the possibility of experiencing withdrawal from the drug. Ater taking it for another week or so I had to stop immeditely because it was really screwing up my job for me. In about 2 days I started having massive headaches, neck aches, wild temperature swings up to 102/103, and waking up at 2 or 3 AM shivering uncontrollably. I went to a doctor (not my own because it was Saturday). I told them my symptoms and told them about stopping the Luvox. That did not seem important to them. After some testing for Flu, Strep, etc. they could only guess it was some kind of infection such as sinisitis. They gave me antibiotics and steroids for it. In about 48 hours I started feeling better. But when I look back I really think that I was suffering from withdrawal from Luvox. I have had sinus infections before and they were nothing like what I experienced last weekend. I wanted to post this as a warning because I did not see any significant warnings about the possibility of withdrawal anywhere in the drug warnings about this drug on this site (except for babies of pregnant mothers who took it). Please discuss an exit strategy from this drug with your doctor before you start taking it to avoid finding yourself in the middle of a really bad situation where you are in such discomfort and pain that you might not be able to think straight and make good decisions about what to do. Best of luck!

Related Reading: sleep | Luvox | Flu

Comment from: debshark, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I took 2 doses of this drug (Luvox CR 100mg) and I almost died. My blood pressure dropped enough to cause black-outs and my heart rate dropped to around 40. I called 911 and had to be given fluids through IV until the drug left my system. Now, a week later, my mouth is still incredibly dry and my taste is not right. My tongue has felt scalded as well. I trusted my doctor that had been treating me for over 5 years. Now that I have had this horrible experience and I've done my own research, I see that due to the fact that I have multiple sclerosis and take Tizanidine, I should NOT have taken this drug. Be careful. The ER staff wasn't happy that I was given this drug as a "sample" and the package didn't have all the patient inserts. If I were not staying with caretakers, I might have died.

Related Reading: Luvox CR | multiple sclerosis

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 21

After being on prozac successfully for 15 years, it stopped working. Began taking luvoxcr 200mg six weeks ago. I'm almost back to normal. Minimal side effects of anxiety and daytime drowsiness. Stopped obsessive thoughts, anxiety and insomnia. I highly recommend trying this SSRI.

Related Reading: prozac | anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 11

Been taking 200mg of luvox cr for about two months up from the 150 I was taking. The extra 50 mg seem to help even more, I suffer no more side effects. The obsessive thoughts are few and far between but not gone completely, I recently started taking 25mg of Seroqeul at night to help me sleep it feels as though with the addition of the new meds the edge has been really taken off. I am extremely happy with the the results of the meds and with continued work with my therapist seems to be looking up.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I HAVE BEEN ON LUVOX CR NOW FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND COMPARED TO ZOLOFT IT HAS BEEN GREAT. I REACHED MAX DOSE FOR ZOLOFT AND IT REALY DIDNT HELP WITH MY ANXIETY. NOT TO MENTION THE SIDE EFFECTS ON ZOLOFT WERE MUCH WORSE. LUVOX FOR ME HAS BEEN ALL AROUND A GREAT IMPROVEMENT. I AM CURRENTLY ONLY TAKING 100 MG AND ABOUT TO GO UP TO 150. AT THE WAY I AM CURRENTLY FEELING ON 100, I THINK 150 SHOULD JUST ABOUT HAVE ME BACK TO MY OLD SELF. OVER THE PAST 3 WEEKS I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THINGS AGAIN. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ROAD AHEAD...

Related Reading: ZOLOFT | ZOLOFT

Comment from: snflr, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

Love this medication... saw a difference within seven days. As a mom of two was able to relax more and handle things with ease. There were hardly any side effects. This was definetley better than any other depression Ocd meds tried.

Related Reading: depression