Luvox CR User Reviews

Luvox CR - User Reviews

Luvox CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Luvox CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: : (, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been on this medication for six weeks now. I have had severe abdominal pain at times, gas, diarrhea and no sex drive what so ever. It has made me feel confused and I have no motivation to do anything. I feel like I don't care about anything. I have no energy and I am very snappy with my family and friends. This medication has made me numb emotionally and mentally. I take the medication as well as weekly Cognitive behavioral therapy sessions and have had no improvement. Back to the drawing board, I guess :(

Related Reading: abdominal pain | diarrhea

Comment from: HHughes, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

I took meds like Prozac years ago for my OCD but I eventually just learned to manage it. Since I have been under a lot of stress in my job the last 6 months my OCD came back with a vengence. My doctor said that This is the drug of choice these days so I tried it. I have to admit that it seemed to help almost right away. I was surprised at how it seemed to "even out" my anxiety overall. But then I started losing nearly whole nights of sleep and went off it for a few days. Then I agreed to try it one more time since it seemed to work so well. It seemed to help for a few days then for 2 days in a row I was lethargic, sleepy, and even feeling physically depressed. So I had to stop it again because I simply could not function at work. A day or 2 later I woke up with a splitting headache and seemed to have flu-like symptoms including a temp of 102. I took some aspirin then Ibuprofen, then Tylenol and finally brought the fever down. But tha twas temporary. I went to an emergency care clinic today and they could not find any signs of flu, Strep, or anything else like that. I even told the doc about this drug but that did not seem to meanm anything to her. I have no resporatory problems, just a splitting headache and a hard-to-control fever. I have heard that some drugs like this can cause withdrawal symptoms. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Related Reading: stress | headache | aspirin

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

This did not work for me. I couldn't function at work. I was tired all the time and very depressed. Got off of it as soon as I could

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I have been on Luvox for about 2 months and it has been great. My doctor put me on it for anxiety and slight depression. It doesn't make me groggy or anything...I can't even tell I am taking anything. But my mood is enhanced and I am not as stressed out and I am no longer suffering from anxiety issues. I ran out over labor day weekend because my pharmacy does not keep it stocked. I was stressed and anxious all weekend. Make sure to keep up with your refills. Otherwise, this has been great!

Published: May 23

Helped my depression, but can't stand side effects - I have never sweaated as much with any drug, and I've never felt as tired and sleepy with any drug (fatigued, yes, but not sleepy, all day long). Also take two other drugs that can have these effects, so maybe it's just in combination with the three that this is happening to me.

Comment from: hopethishelps, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I was on aloft and my doctor switched me to luvox cr. The switch was very easy and I immediately felt the "fog" the aloft and before that paxil had made me feel was gone. I have recently felt a little anxiety and depression but no ocd so my doctor increased my dose to 200mg and now I am having trouble staying asleep at night. I wake up at about 2 am and can't go back to sleep. When I first started luvox I had the night sweats others have mentioned but they have subsided and that only occurs rarely. If there was a way to figure out how to solve the sleep issue that I and almost all the other reviewers have mentioned this med would be 5 stars all around. Ultimately you just have to weigh the benefits verses the side effect...and it definitely works great on the ocd.

Related Reading: paxil | night sweats

Comment from: Kate, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 29

I have been taking 600 mg daily for over two years (I took the fluvoxamine prior to Luvox CR's release). It has helped with the OCD. I have very severe, debilitating OCD, and this is the first medication that has worked (seven years of intense CBT did nothing at all). However, I have had serotonin syndrome three times while taking this medicine due to changes of other drugs.