Luvox Tablets User Reviews

Luvox Tablets - User Reviews

Luvox Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Luvox Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ALiiEcat, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 27

LUVOX is my favorite medication. It is the only OCD medication that has ever worked for this battle of life that i have lived with for 6 years and I have tried so many other medications and literally nothing was helping, and then along came my BFF, LUVOX

Comment from: gglory, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 28

Have been on this drug for about 5 years and it works very well for OCD. But I used to be a very ambitious person and now I am lazy...dirty house...who cares?

Comment from: Lindsayb, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 30

This medication made me very, very tired all the time!

Comment from: normal, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 10

I've been on Luvox for over 10 years & it changed my life. My doctor initially prescribed it to help me get through my divorce. It took a few weeks to get used to it because I felt a bit like I was in a fog at first. But after a few weeks, I felt normal. I didn't think it was doing anything until a few months later when I thought back and realized how much calmer I'd been and how I could handle things much easier. As time went on, I realized that I didn't feel panic in stressful situations & I realize now that I had an anxiety problem and should have been on this my whole adult life. I still feel all emotions: anxiety,worry,stress,panic, etc but in a way more controlled manor. Several times over the years I have decided I'm ok now because I feel "normal" and I've decided to slowly wean off the luvox. But every time I've done this I realize how much it helps me to just feel "normal". My only side effect has been possible lowered libido. Hope this helps.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: carla, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 16

I was diagnosed with OCD/Aspbergers syndrome when i was 20. I am now 32 it worked really well for me but I have decided to come off of it. I was on 600 mg. I am down to 200 mg. Never thought it would happen. If anyone wants to talk please leave a comment.

Comment from: Annie, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 05

Having suffered from chronic depression and obsessive worry/fearful thoughts since I was young, I decided to try an anti-depressant in my latter teens, early 20's. I tried Prozac and Paxil and really suffered due to side affects with both drugs. My Dr. prescribed Luvox about 10 years ago and it has allowed me to live a normal life. It helped me put problems and issues in to perspective so that I could deal with things in a more appropriate manner. It did not make life "rosey" by any means but helped me cope. I had some initial side affects that I worked through i.e. lethargy, some hand shaking but this subsided after a few weeks. I take the dosage earlier in the evening so that by morning the lethargy is much less. I take the 100 mg. dosage. Combining this with yoga and/or tai chi has helped me tremendously. Also, Dialectical Behavior Therapy is of benefit as well. Good luck and God Bless!

Related Reading: teens | Prozac | Paxil

Comment from: nettly, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 02

It suppressed my anxiety and has helped me sleep. I don't restrain myself lik eI used to and I have less fear of things that caused me anxiety. It does make me tired especially in the afternoon. I take my 200 mg. dose at bedtime.

Comment from: restless147, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 04

I suffered from panic attacks for years,after getting the right meds,luvox,my life got much better,luvox for me was the best,had very little side effects and long term doesnt seem to be a problem,I would recommend this to people with panic disorder,it will works for most,maybe not all,thanks

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 30

this medication has worked great for me! one thing- don't EVER run out or go a couple of days without it, or you WILL go through horrible withdrawl symptoms from it (i was actually throwing up, dizzy, etc.). but it is a VERY effective medication (for me at least)