Luvox Tablets User Reviews

Luvox Tablets - User Reviews

Luvox Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Luvox Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

After many tries with different meds Luvox is the one that helps my OCD. While I am by no means free of OCD it is livable now. I've been on 100mg for 12 years now and it is a great medication. I'm so happy to have found a good one for me. I recently cut down to 50mg about 9 months ago which has helped keep me from gaining the weight I did with the regular dose. Truly a blessing for those with OCD!

Comment from: Missy, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 20

Luvox has been the only medication that gave me a chance against OCD. I have taken it for the past 8 years. It has been a life saver.

Comment from: mobasketnut, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 27

have been on luvox for 10+ years. lowered dosage from 100 mg per day to 50 mg per day. felt really tired and just kind of lazy. didn't really want to do anything. have currently stopped taking. been off for almost a week. did suffer from dizziness and headaches during last week. my stress level has declined alot over the past 10 years, so have adjusted dosage accordingly, but definitely was a huge benefit when i needed it. for those experiencing trouble sleeping, i found if i took the meds a few hours before going to bed, i had better results.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: tialinell@yahoo.com, 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 18

It's made my life so much better. I take it with lamictal (for my bipolar disorder). No longer do I have to lock every single door and window, and then double check, and maybe triple check. I don't have to count the letters in every word in a sentence. I still have some obsessive thoughts, that are VERY irritating, because I Just. Can't. Stop. Them. Normally mentally reciting a song helps, but it's still annoying. All in all, it has allowed me to be functional and blend in with the average teenager.

Related Reading: lamictal | bipolar disorder

Comment from: Bonnie-O, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 20

A few days after being on Luvox Oral, I noticed things that I would do fade away. I also started noticing things I didn't know I did as what would be called obsessive. My Dr. increased second week and again third week. After that I noticed bothersome OCD's were gone. Even things such as... not sitting still, pulling on clothes as much because they were bothersome.

Comment from: jacquiag24, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 25

I was put on 100 mg of Luvox after having a severe panic attack...although it did SOMEWHAT help with my anxiety the side effects are NOT worth it. I am 25 yrs old and after being on this med. I put on a good 30 pounds....I have not been able to sleep in months and when I do fall asleep I wake up completly soaked in sweat. I decided to stop taking it a week ago and now I have diarrhea....I am just counting the days until this medicine is out of my system. Has anyone else experienced rapid weight gain????

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

Luvox has changed my life. It has decreased my obessive thoughts and anxiety. It is a miracle drug for me! The only drawback is mild decreased sexual drive, like most SSRIs.