Lybrel User Reviews

Lybrel - User Reviews

Lybrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lybrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: GoSeeDo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I started Lybrel because I was tired of having periods, especially since experiencing increasingly heavy bleeding the past two years. The first month was fine, but then I had breakthrough bleeding everyday for over two weeks. After reading the literature, I stopped Lybrel for 3 days, and then continued. This seemed to do the trick, and I have not had any breakthrough or spotting episodes since. It is no ore inconvenient to take than regular BCPs.

Related Reading: Lybrel

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

thus far on lybrel, i have had most of the possible side effects listed. while i am a bit frustrated with the acne and breast enlargement and tenderness that recently began, i am most concerned with the frequent sudden mood swings. it seems as though i hate the world and its inhabitants most of the time. that is not me. i love my life and everything in it - good and bad, but the changes i have seen recently are very frightening to me and those around me.

Related Reading: acne | breast

Comment from: LisaB, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 18

After a previous positive review, I am updating to say that I am stopping this drug immediately. I had no problems at all for the first 5 months on Lybrel, but then the problems started! I take the pill within 30 minutes of the same time every day, and never missed a pill. Early in May, I started having light spotting. A few weeks later I was about to walk into a presentation and I suddenly felt a rush of blood. Since then, I've had two instances of major bleeding and nonstop bleeding in between. I tried to tough it out, but my husband and I are both over it!

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 26

Prior to my prescription on Lybrel I had severe periods. My periods came twice a month and were extremelly painful and heavy. I had blood clots and lost a large amount of blood because of it. I have been on Lybrel for two months and I have light spotting about once a month. It is so much lighter and less painful than before. It has been a positive experience thus far.

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: FlMommy, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 17

I've been taking Lybrel for about 8 months and it's been wonderful! I started on this particular pill because my heavy periods have made me anemic so I need something that eliminates my period. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since starting and haven't had any side effects at all. It's been great!

Comment from: jessienevins0314, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 14

This is actually a follow up review from one I posted a few months ago: The Lybrel after 7 months (which is sometimes how long it takes to work) has finally worked, and I am not bleeding at all. FINALLY! Something that really works! (It took a while TO work, but Im glad now that it has)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

Major huge mood swings and heavy two week periods, I am done.

Comment from: Karen J., 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I was on Mircette to control long/heavy periods and was switched to Lybrel about 1 1/2 years ago to control the menstrual migraines. It did seem to lessen the frequency of the migraines, but I have experienced frequent bleeding...much heavier than the spotting I expected. It finally was progressing to a constant "period-like" blood flow for the past couple of months. I also noticed my hair thinning on the top of my head for the past several months. Enough is enough...I called my Dr. and got off of this stuff a couple of weeks ago, and the bleeding stopped about 4 days after discontinuing the Lybrel. Here's hoping my hair returns! I think I stuck with this stuff long enough to give it a fair trial, and I tried to be extremely careful about taking it at the same time each day.

Related Reading: Mircette

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

I used this pil from January to July. The first 3 months were wonderful. NO PERIODS! Then all of a sudden I had a period constantly. I had never had heavy periods, just major cramping and nausea. This was worst! I would not suggest this pill.